Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has to deal with the steering wheel vibration/pulsating. ive looked at and drove several new and old Ts to see if mine is different...it is. dealers keep shrugging it off and wont "up" the idle for me.

seems to be this really only happens when its cooler out (~55deg>). when i come to a stop, the truck initially sits at 600rpm, then drops to about 500-550...which is normal. when its idling at 600rpms it is as smooth as glass. the second it dips to 500, there is a very strong vibration in the steering wheel only. when its warm out it is much less noticeable. if i let off the brake and let it role, the vibration pretty much goes away....which is why i was thinking torque converter. the engine itself doesnt seem to run any different whether it does it or not(by putting my hand on top). the engine doesnt seem to be unbalanced at 500rpm at all...it doesnt really shake or rock. the truck now has 7k miles. felt it since the 2nd day i owned it.

things that have been done: air/fuel tables looked at, timing/misfire, torque converter operation checks, made sure the steering rod wasnt touching anything, checked for intake leaks downwind of the MAF, tried different fuels (octanes and brands), and tried different syn oils...any other ideas or explanations???

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
How about a bad or loose motor mount?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a bad or loose motor mount?
sorry forgot to include that along with the tranny mount...one day it was vibrating more than the usual "bad" so i had my wife put it in D and i stood outside with the hood popped to see if the engine shook or rocked too much. it didnt even really move at all. i looked at the mounts as well and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. looked brand new....not cracked or loose, and the bushings looked good. so i ruled that out. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts