Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone personally tried the bolt on SC. the pros and cons and some times? Im curious about it. I am deciding between it and a TP turbo..

Jesse:scheibe-big: :weird-big:

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
a few people have had it and they6 have mostly just had problems...some blown trannies and motors....if your gonna do the SC then get the trannie upgrade...the last guy who went was low 14s or high 13's...i think it was low 14's....get the turbo man ths SC is gonnacost you a lot for decent performance...theres another SC Titan that wasnt even beating a guy (TitanBlue) who runs 14.7...but he did have big tires

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
this motor isnt built from factory to handle boost with the stock pistons the gap is too close for my liking but great for a all na or nos motor. if your goona do a sc or turbo be sure to get some pistons from cp and upgrade the tranny with itp and dont forget the truetrac.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
i say bolt ons then cams and tranny upgrade...that will put you in the 12's...then nitrous willput you in the 11's

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
i just remembered you have an 07 which has vvt.....you dont need cams to get in the 13's...they dont make the cams for the 07+ titans but you wont need them...get a good cai, headers, 2.25b-pipes, catback with flow through muffler, high flow cats, Uprev, Tru-track, and drag radials and you'll be 13's....then add a 75-100 shot of Nitrous and have fun brother

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Isn't NOS considered FI, like a turbo and a SC? So then whats the difference besides it not even being on all the time. Should reap the same benefits right?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I will say that Kyle is right about the Stillen kit not being designed for the track.

You will need an IPT tranny, Trutrak rearend, Uprev tuned ecu and you should do the burn out mod. You will need slicks and hopefully your install was done properly or you will need a new motor.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
thats the man to talk to about it!!!^^^^

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I am close to getting the tuning worked out. Kyle sent me a new p-back to replace the one I had.

Looking at the data, it looks like it solved the detonation and other issues. Now I can focus on retuning the ecu and harass IPT about the new springs for the valvebody...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok

QShip said:
I will say that Kyle is right about the Stillen kit not being designed for the track.

You will need an IPT tranny, Trutrak rearend, Uprev tuned ecu and you should do the burn out mod. You will need slicks and hopefully your install was done properly or you will need a new motor.
I would be doing the install, Even its under factory, I didnt buy it for that, I dont want some ase loon even breathing on my truck. So I hear the rear is poop. How about any options for a manual. do you suggest this or should I just upgrade the valve body for better flow?

Jesse

QShip said:
I am close to getting the tuning worked out. Kyle sent me a new p-back to replace the one I had.

Looking at the data, it looks like it solved the detonation and other issues. Now I can focus on retuning the ecu and harass IPT about the new springs for the valvebody...
you should never need new springs for well tuned SC bro. Unless you are upto 80k or so. IPT hp springs are not even expected for 50k and thats with no boost. They break in half. As long as the train is going choo choo. tha caboose can hang :) LOL:duh:

10.8 street SC honda
C U S TOM BLEW THAT CRAP UP AND LAUGHED

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
IPT has something in the works for the tranny. It will give us full control of the shifts.

The springs have nothing to do with the s/c. They are for the valvebody.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ipt

QShip said:
IPT has something in the works for the tranny. It will give us full control of the shifts.

The springs have nothing to do with the s/c. They are for the valvebody.
love being rhe noob. I must look into this, ipt..

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I would call John @ IPT. He is one of the owners. Tell him to hurry up with new 5 speed mod.

Make sure you get the Detroit TruTrak for the rearend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts