Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 Titan with 35,700 on the ticker . . . .

Changing the oil today, I notice the right front shock / strut (what the heck is it anyway ?) is leaking like crazy. Called the dealer for an appointment on Monday. Due to mileage, I need to get it in ASAP before I'm out of warranty. (I drive just under 100 miles a day) After I got an appointment, I breathed a sigh of relief as dealer indicated it SHOULD be covered once he verifies mileage and service date of truck. I understand he can't make promises sight unseen.

My questions:

1) I know people recommend upgrading to aftermarket, but I'm a highway driver and the budget doesn't allow so that isn't going to happen. What's the primary complaint about the stockers? Is it just that they don't last?

2) SHould I expect these to be replaced as a pair? It sort of makes sense to replace BOTH front struts. (Kind of like brakes- service the whole axle at once) But I could see them trying to justify just replacing one also.

3) If Nissan will only warranty one side, is there any advantage to paying to replace the other side so that I have matching new hardware?

Thanks !

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
At the very least, I'd replace both front shocks(all 4 would be better, I understand a budget though). If they only replace one shock, you'll feel it when you drive and that would be dangerous.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I would pay for the other one if it comes down to it because it would be safer plus if one is already shot then the other one will possible go soon too.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think monroe makes shocks for the Titan now, they are decent shocks for a budget and problably better then stock.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I replaced the front OEM Rancho coilovers because when I put on my winch the front had even more rake than before and I needed more clearance anyhow. I do think the SAW coilovers ride better (on and off-road) but they are pretty pricey for a highway only Titan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My front left has been leaking also, I just haven't bothered going in because I have the leveling kit. I figure that they would give me a hasle about it and blame it all on that. Hope you have a stock set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts