Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did my stock Goodyears only last 32k on my Titan!? I loved how they looked, and "felt" when they were in good condition, but now I am searching for new ones! I got stuck in grass at my sons school on a slight incline! No tread on them things. How embarrasing. I cannot let this happen again. I am looking for some AT's now. The BFG's look nice. What do y'all think. I am going to keep the stock rims on it for another year, and then sell the tires and the rims so I wont put too many miles on them since I live on an ISLAND (look me up in a yr if you want them), and work two miles from work! Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
32,000 miles! You got 32.000 miles out of your BadYear tires! You probably got many more miles than most. I wished I had been so lucky as I only got 22,000 miles out of mine and they were qualified MayPops.

I'd say you did pretty good. I replaced my BadYear tires with Michelin LTX M/S 2.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got like 28,000 on my original ONEYEARS. then I got a set of Nitto terras which lasted about 50,000. Now I am rolling on some Michelin LTX AT2's which ride smoother than the the nittos ever did but don't have as much FLAIR as the nittos did. they almost look stock. That's the only thing I miss about the nittos is the rough / rugged look of them. But the michelins are supposed to last even longer.

Here is a link to a thread on another forum that has some pics of the T with the Michelins on. and my sig pic on the other forum is with the Nittos on.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...124947-getting-michelin-ltx-t-2-tomorrow.html

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Yeah, I agree. You did pretty well with yours. I only got 20k on the good-for-a-years. I have almost 40k on my Kumho road ventures. I love these tires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got 14000 out of my stockers. My last set of tires were Fuzion XTI. I read the other day they didnt have great reviews but I just took them off my truck with around 50k on them and they still have a good 35% of the tread left. I just chose to upgrade to bigger tires.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I got 53K out of my G/Ys, but used all 5 tires for the first 42K (6K rotations). Replaced w/ Mich X-terrains which now have 43K on them and 7/32 tread left. Mostly around town driving.

·
Registered
304 Posts
27k and counting. They are getting pretty thin, but I refuse to replace tires before I've owned the truck for at least 1 year.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Im thinking of getting the Coopers when my stockers are done.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank's for the feed back guys! I cannot believe some CT members only got about twentyK out of these tires! Wow..... I have been looking for replacements here on the island, but everything that I want I would have to order. That takes about three weeks! The tire guys at the shop reassured me that the stockers would hold out til then so I am going to place an order today, or tomorrow. I decided on the Nitto trail grapplers for my T. I will run these on my stock rims for about a yr then I will be back in Arizona where I will upgrade rims and all. I've seen a few members with these tires. I think they look pretty sharp. Any input?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought the 305/55 20 Nittos a few weeks ago. I love the look. Hate what it did to my gas mileage. Lost 2 MPG by replacing all 4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what kind of drivin you guys doing to get 22,000 on a set of tires? I'm ready to replace my stockers but I'm at 55,000 mi --- half hwy / half city miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts