Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months after buying my new Titan (i took the 1.9% not the rebate!) was stolen out of my apt. complex garage on the night of Christmas day, discovered as we were bringing our bags down to road trip out of town. Unbelieveable!

I don't know how they got in it, but they had broken in a couple times that week, stolen my reg, manual, a camera and I seemed to have lost my valet key around that time, too. The weird thing is, the night before it was stolen, I discovered the passenger (power) window down, with the alarm still activated. I'm pretty sure I did not leave it down, but how would that be possible, even with the valet key?

Amazingly enough, two weeks later I get a call, and I'm told it is parked 2 miles from where I live, racking up parking tix, and it still has that new car smell!.

Moral of the story, do not keep that valet key in the center console. I know I'm an idiot, but I never thought it would happen to me. I had to change the locks ($500) and now I also got a club on my little lady.

Thank you god of the titan, I promise I'll be good.

Oh, btw, Titan in Argentina (where my wife is from) means tough guy, pronounced tee-TAN.

TEETAN!

Attachments

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Stuart, there have been discussions here about thieves being able to open windows from the door handle due to our unique "windows down" feature. It's possible that's how they got in your truck in the first place. I'm glad your TITAN was recovered in good condition. Wonder if they tried to beat it up but couldn't?? That would be a good testimonial to how tough these trucks are!!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Glad you got your truck back...I know what it's like to not have your beast for an extended period of time....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
how many miles did they put on it? did the police do anything as far as finger prints or anything like that? glad to here you got it back though, i bet it was eattin at you knowing it was only 2 miles away the whole time :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've heard of thieves taking the owners manual to a dealership and with that and the VIN getting keys made. I don't know if it's true or not. A year ago my Xterra was broken into...more like ransacked as some duma$$ (me) forgot to lock it and they stole the owners manual, and everything of value but they left the $300 stereo (a considerate thief I guess), I couldn't figure out why they would take the owners manual and then someone mentioned the ability to get a key made.....so for the next 4 months I was jumping out of bed at the slightest noise and checking the driveway, I finally traded it for the mada and can sleep better now. :lol: Thinking back I wonder if the left the stereo so they would have tunes when they came back for the whole car? 8O

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice picture, I see you also have the brake dust issue as all of us do. Don't worry in time it will get better, 19,800 miles and mine is almost completely gone.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I am taking my manual out of the truck tonight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts