Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so 3 days ago, i went to a buddys muffler shop to get some airleaks fixed, while i was there i had my buddy fab up some straight pipes that exited just behind the front doors on each side. holy crap! this thing sounded like an old school muscle car! LOL i wish i had a chance to get soundclips. after i got them on i took a 45min drive back to my house, i couldnt stand them! it brought drone to a whole new level. lol iv been driving with them for 2 days and i just put my magnaflow cat-back back on this morning. so for any of you thinking about straight piping your T, be prepared for some major drone, a drop in mpg's (i went from 17/18 with mf, to 14 with the straight pipes), and a major loss of torque. but hey it sounds great on start up lol just thought id share

·
Registered
209 Posts
LOL!!!!!! I drove my truck with the exhaust removed just to buy new studs for the cats... I thought my head was gonna explode from the racket! The whole Midas shop was out in the parking lot as I pulled up, waiting to see what wreck some moron was driving around in! LOL! yeah.. open pipes ain't the shiz.....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
jhromy said:
um and you expected different results?
nope, i didnt know what to expect. my buddy said he would make some for free so i said hell, why not!

Blackbeauty said:
LOL!!!!!! I drove my truck with the exhaust removed just to buy new studs for the cats... I thought my head was gonna explode from the racket! The whole Midas shop was out in the parking lot as I pulled up, waiting to see what wreck some moron was driving around in! LOL! yeah.. open pipes ain't the shiz.....
lol yeah my ears kept "popping" like i was going up in elevation.. but i was on a flat freeway haha

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a lil poppy when accelerating, however i thought it was going to pop a ton on decel, but it didnt pop at all. but in the end my neighbors still hated me for those two days lol

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
bran761g said:
it was a lil poppy when accelerating, however i thought it was going to pop a ton on decel, but it didnt pop at all. but in the end my neighbors still hated me for those two days lol
yeah even with my flowmaster 70 and no cats its still kinda loud lol

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you having to clear codes without the cats? i gutted my secondary cats last week, im debating on what to do with the primary cats tho. maybe hi-flows

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
bran761g said:
are you having to clear codes without the cats? i gutted my secondary cats last week, im debating on what to do with the primary cats tho. maybe hi-flows
go high flows or else youre gonna throw codes all the time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mm, yeah im going to try to stay away from codes lol hi-flows it is then!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
thanks for the info, I always been wanting to go w/ dual exiting on each side before the tires. Try doing an h or x pipe or dual glasspack to see if the results change....

? how did he run it on the passanger the gas tank is there ?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
d0va said:
thanks for the info, I always been wanting to go w/ dual exiting on each side before the tires. Try doing an h or x pipe or dual glasspack to see if the results change....

? how did he run it on the passanger the gas tank is there ?
yeah i wanted to do that also, he was able to fit it on the gas tank side cause these things are only like 2 feet long lol they came out below my driver and passenger doors. i was thinking about doing dual glass packs for fun or two little single chamber fm's, but the pipes are so short, id have to start all over again... and i have a feeling i wouldnt get em for free the second time :D lol

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
he probably was just teasing you lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
i just cut my stock muffler off too did u really loose that much mpgs? i had to cut mine off. my muff got crushed when i went on a little off road adventure and wound up getting stuck in a washout that collapsed on me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true story :D however if your in a frontier it might be different. but idk... wait, your name says frontier but you have a pic of a titan? which is it? lol

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have a glasspack on and I get around 10mpg but Im lifted w/35" mud tires... I wonder if I would put an exhaust I would get better mpg....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts