Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 4x crew. whenever I start or stop the truck I hear 8 clicks every 20 seconds for a few minutes inside the dash. sounds like it may be a vent trying to open or close, although it makes no difference whether I was using heat/air or not. anybody else experience this oddity. thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2010 4x crew. whenever I start or stop the truck I hear 8 clicks every 20 seconds for a few minutes inside the dash. sounds like it may be a vent trying to open or close, although it makes no difference whether I was using heat/air or not. anybody else experience this oddity. thanx
My 2004 Titan has a similar oddity, going on for a few months now. I occasionally hear several loud clicks, sounding like it is inside the dash, almost sounding like static on the radio, but with the radio off and I even heard it once when the ignition was off and the key removed. I haven't counted the number of clicks. It also sounds to me like a vent trying to open or close. At the same time, my heater has quit putting out warm air. The AC works fine. I'd like to know what is going on with the clicks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2004 Titan has a similar oddity, going on for a few months now. I occasionally hear several loud clicks, sounding like it is inside the dash, almost sounding like static on the radio, but with the radio off and I even heard it once when the ignition was off and the key removed. I haven't counted the number of clicks. It also sounds to me like a vent trying to open or close. At the same time, my heater has quit putting out warm air. The AC works fine. I'd like to know what is going on with the clicks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking it could be nylon gears no longer meshing well & just skipping teeth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking it could be nylon gears no longer meshing well & just skipping teeth.
I had a similar problem...it turned out to be the heater hose on the engine side of the firewall. It has a box on it with gears that turn hot water to the heater coils on and off. The gears strip and make clicking noise. They eventually fail and leave the water to the heater on or off permanently. You can open the box and repair or manually turn the valve on and off depending on the season. The hose goes from the firewall to the back of the engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah, I know its the actuator control for heater and ac controls in the dash, hard to repair, dealership will rob u blind , 75.00 part but taking the dash apart is hard good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
noise appears to be emanating from behind the glove box area. is that where the unit is located? I removed the dash to upgrade center speaker & yes, a real pain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
noise appears to be emanating from behind the glove box area. is that where the unit is located? I removed the dash to upgrade center speaker & yes, a real pain.
its behind the radio but u cant reach it from radio hole its bad you have to take the dash out , look on utube theres some good videos this is a common prob for titans

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanx. looks like if I pull the glove box I can identify which of those 5 actuators is the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes that's true , the floor vent on the drivers side by the gas pedal is pretty easy the rest, hard to get to mainly the top one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts