Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a Black 2006 Titan, and love the truck. However i turned my key to start it yesterday and there was a strange winding noise right when i turned the key. It only lasted a couple of seconds but i am still concerned. The noise sounded like it was coming from the ignition or possibly behind the stereo. Has anyone heard of anything like this before or has this happened to anyone. Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
317 Posts
no but ill listen real close tomorrow morning to see if i hear it. i know the fuel pump pressurizes when you turn the key to "on" but thats all ive ever noticed. make sure you a/c controls are all in the "off" position as that will make a sound as well. i always put mine in the off position because i dont like to start the engine w/ unnecessary accessories on.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Yeah, its normal. Like VK56DEHAN said, I'm pretty sure its the fuel pump. Every Titan I've been in has done that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
didnt hear anything except the fuel pump....but again, i didnt have my a/c or heat on either

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The A/C system will do something in the dash. It's like it is cycling the vent doors just to see if they work. It's normal. If you think that's odd then sit in the driver's seat for a couple minutes after you turn off the ignition and watch the instrument cluster. Spooky!

·
Registered
317 Posts
The A/C system will do something in the dash. It's like it is cycling the vent doors just to see if they work. It's normal. If you think that's odd then sit in the driver's seat for a couple minutes after you turn off the ignition and watch the instrument cluster. Spooky!
right! i already knew about the dragon breath when i owned my first T. but if u sit in there for a long while there is more sounds to be heard. they are just much less noticeable. truck does sh*t for like 10min after you shut it off. freakin nissan and there tech lol.

fist time i noticed the cluster recalibrate, i thought the dealer messed it up somehow because the had just taken apart to look at something else. it was back the next day...what a waste of gas lol. btw, it twitches at exactly 1min. i timed it several times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts