Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Rockford radio in my LE and there's a CD stuck in it. Anyone experience this and how do I fix it. I can't figure out how to remove the radio. What HVAC controls get removed? Radio knobs? How to remove the brushed aluminum face plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clint

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Hi Clint, I was going to go over the whole process with you on how to remove the radio but with a stuck CD your radio is probably defective. It would probably be better to take it back to the dealer and let them install a new one to keep this from happening again.

EDIT: If you still want to tackle this let me know and I'll send you some pics of how to remove the radio...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to the owners manual it says NOT (ooops, too late) to use CD's with paper labels. I've read of too many members getting their trucks back with scratched interior trim. I'd rather try to do it myself.

Clint

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Clint said:
according to the owners manual it says NOT (ooops, too late) to use CD's with paper labels. I've read of too many members getting their trucks back with scratched interior trim. I'd rather try to do it myself.

Clint
I see where you're coming from now.......This should help get you started..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU!!

awesome photos! Do you think I'll be able to get the disc out? We'll know in a short while. LOL

Clint

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just something I found helpful. If your having trouble getting your fingers in tight enough to remove the brushed aluminum (plastic) faceplate I found that if you insert an old credit card or other thin store card in the crevice between the faceplate and dash it helps when pulling the faceplate loose. My card of choice is my BlockBuster video rental card. Never use it anyway.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
So that's what his hands look like without gloves on!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!

Thanks to your replies, I gave it a try.
There are light green clips in the middle of the face plate, two on each side. When I pulled (VERY slowly) they all fell off the face plate and one fell in the dash to never be seen again. I was like, WTF when two seconds into the job I heard something let go, but I figured what the hell can't get any worse now. I removed the radio and separated the cd player from the tuner and by manually rotating a worm gear in there I was able to align the bad disc and get it to move to the front of the player. After that I put it all back together and hit eject and got it out. The problem is there are 6 tiny shelfs in there, one to hold each disc and by having a paper label on a disc makes it too thick to slide into the shelf. I sure got LUCKY today. Now I'm hoping that theres no rattles out of the dash from moving the wires back there.

Clint

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
You can undo your shifter assembly and find the clip...I lost mine too. JT has pic's of that too I'm sure.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Rossi said:
So that's what his hands look like without gloves on!!
LOL I was thinking the same thing! That first picture looks like a broken nail waiting to happen . . . :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts