Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crew cab Ttan that I'm trying to install a Britax front facing car seat in. My problem is getting the top latch tight. You have to lean the rear seat back forward and connect the latch behind the seat back which leaves slack when you lean the seat back.

Well the Britax buckle required you to pull down to tighten the top belt, but I can't get my hand behind the seat to pull down on the belt. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well I've got an Eddie Bauer car seat for my daughter, and I just used the lateral straps in the LATCH anchors in the seats. I tried and tried to get the the top latch tether tight and never could seems impossibel. So I just ended up taking it off. The lateral straps are holding it in just fine. If I ever have to re-install it after taking out, I just make sure that I put all my body weight, (which is around 300lbs) in the seat and snug down the lateral LATCH straps. Car seat is going no where. It's like it's cemented in the seat. Hope this helps. BTW done the same with my sons seat and he's now 5. Had no issues with him either.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't remember how I got mine tight, but I tried to take it out the other day and it has my seat in a bind and can't lean the seat forward anymore. I'm sure I could if I really tried but I don't want to break anything. It is a major PIA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Looks like I'm not the Only one who's had problems with this. Some carseats you could pull the top strap up to tighten it but I'm not sure how you would loosen it to remove the seat. Seems like a bad design to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts