Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum for a few days and I've noticed everybody seems to be quite helpful. I just purchased my Titan in October and am just saving up the money now for the system. I have two JL 12W3s and a Total Mobile Audio 500.1 amp that came out of my Tahoe. I'm curious as to your opinions on whether to stick with these JLs or try something new? And suggestions on which types of subs? I'm going to purchase the box from Tech as soon as I figure out which kind of subs to purchase or if I should stick with my JLs. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
im a big fan of JL myself, that and kicker. i guess it just depends on if you like your setup or not. the right box makes a huge difference so maybe get the box and try it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are they 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs? Regardless your under-powering the subs with that amp. I would look at getting at least a amp thats pushing 1000watts RMS to them suckers, so you can see their true potential. If you want to try something different try x2 RE Audio SEX12s being pushed by a Alpine PDX-M12. Or a cheaper solution is a little less powerful Kenwood-KAC-9105 at 2 Ohms on your current subs. Just make shure you have everything wired right and are careful with your gain settings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok I had no idea they were underpowered. I actually had a tech in Alabama tell me they were almost being overpowered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts