Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was at autozone the other day and saw the headlight bulb section and i got to thinking that my titan would look real good with the nice new bright white headlights. the ones i saw at autozone were silver star ultra bright white bulbs. anybody try them? do they look good? worth the 50 bucks? if not any good suggestions for some good light bulbs?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
not worth $50, if your looking for brighter get some HID's. about the same price

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would go with a HID kit instead-far superior to any bulb change you can buy-might be a little more money up front, but the results are more than impressive.

A 5-6000 temp will give you near daylight color-higher the number the more blue it gets, lower the number more yellow...

These are what I have-2 years running now and not a problem-install is super easy too as the ballast is very small and light. Running fogs, hi and lows-
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Cheers...

·
Registered
97 Posts
My buddy did the same thing bragging how much whiter his new bulbs were and we installed an extra set of HID's in his that I had and it made it look not so white anymore. He couldn't believe it......get the HID's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for titans which have a seperate high and low beam would you need to get two sets of those HIDs or is that what the dual in/dual out option for on the site? with the dual in/dual out harness would you be able to hook up a 35w and a 55w for the high and low beam on one ballas?

·
Registered
894 Posts
www.ddmtuning.com -nuff said

Here's the photos of some HIDs with captions..

I have 35w 8000k installed in my headlights. 55w 8000k in offroad lights.. 55w is super bright and washes out my 35w kit..

Here's a closeup of the bulb -55w 8000k kit

Titan with factory lights, compared to HID kit in my other two vehicles
(note vehicles on driveway, one car one SUV, Titan on near flat ground - hence the light spreading out further than the HIDs)

·
Registered
125 Posts
You could go either way. Personally I went with dedicated ballasts to each lamp-just don't like the idea of something like that doing double duty (for high and low). The ballasts are so small that installing two up in the fender for the high/low beams is not difficult.

I will say I didn't have good luck with the adhesive pad they supply to mount the ballast. I riveted mine in the inside with 3/16 aluminum rivets-just in case I would need to replace one the aluminum rivets are easy to break off.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
if you don't go with the HID's, which you should, silverstars are the next best option. i payed 40 for mine. and i don't have a prob with them. I'm just too lazy to convert to HID myself. but do not buy bulbs off of ebay.....they won't last a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts