Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this happen to anyone? When I'm on the highway and the cruise control is on there is a surging on slight downhills. It is not a big deal but you can feel it. Not on the level, not on up or steep downhills, just gradual downhills. My other vehicles do not do this.

Jim in PA

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Its the Brakes.
I Think its neat,'cuz it helps to keep the truck from "overshooting" the set speed, and "overtaking" the Car ahead of you.
Especially when your pulling a trailer.
I was Afraid it would hurt my mileage, but I Averaged 16mpg! (5k#'[email protected])

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been tuning cruise control pids for 3 years now for the duramax and I can tell you this is not the brakes. They have the gains set too tight in the software. We call it cruise chuggle. I got it the other day in my titan on a slight downhill around 40mph or so. Cruise grade braking only shifts you into a lower gear to control speed. There is a reflash needed to fix the problem. Hope they look into it.

DB

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
This is the kind of information we like. Nice post Bowhunter. Nice AVATAR, too.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
dbowhntr said:
I have been tuning cruise control pids for 3 years now for the duramax and I can tell you this is not the brakes. They have the gains set too tight in the software. We call it cruise chuggle. I got it the other day in my titan on a slight downhill around 40mph or so. Cruise grade braking only shifts you into a lower gear to control speed. There is a reflash needed to fix the problem. Hope they look into it.

DB
OOPS! Sorry, My bad. :beating:
Thanks for the Correction, Bowhunter. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
FYI:

I have the same problem on my 05 SE 4x4. I'll check with my local dealer about flashing the eeprom and get back with you all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Methuselah said:
FYI:

I have the same problem on my 05 SE 4x4. I'll check with my local dealer about flashing the eeprom and get back with you all.
Let us know if there is a fix available, but I doubt they have looked into it. There needs to be some complaints before they spend the time and effort to open up the calibration which they never like to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts