Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for input here (moreso, reassurance)

again, while under truck today noticed some oddities...

front sway bar bushings (seem warbled out) getting noise up front - clunk/thud....along with the stabilizer links seem (look) shot...looking for confirmation on that and IF the bar is the 1" size, for repacement bushings?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Kind of looks like your passenger side suspension has taken some abuse. Supposedly there is a new version of the sway bar bushings that are less likely to move in the bracket. I'm not sure what to tell you about the sway bar end links but the passenger side doesn't look right to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey jim-

are you talking aftermarket bushings OR OEM? can u point me in a direction.

yes, i think the suspension is toast...it is giving me the same symptoms as my diesel did and i had to replace bushings & links (more than once..hahahah)
is the sway bar the 1" size, do you know? i'd have to run to parts store to use a micromenter to check it...which isn't that hard i guess.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
OEM bushings - new version that someone reported that they found at an Infinity dealership for the QX56 which has the same front suspension as the Titan.

I don't know the size of the front sway bar. Sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ntb

There's a technical bulletin (NTB) out on the bushings on nissanhelp.com; it's NTB10-072a. I had mine replaced a few months ago, got rid of some of the noise but eventually replaced the struts to be noise-free.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the NTB update....
i will look into that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been watching this thread, since I have the SAME problem. My '09 has just under 50K on it - almost all gentle highway miles. I see no reason why I should be having this problem. So, took it to the dealer, and even with the 72 mo / 100K extended warranty - this issue is NOT covered. ?!? I'm going to fight 'em, since my CostGuard booklet specifically mentions coverage for "stabilizer shaft and bushings". What do you guys think?

Or, if you agree it is NOT a warranty issue, would you let the dealer fix it (I've been quoted just under $300), or should I look for better aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
bushings

Sounds like it should be covered under your warranty. If not, the bushings are only about $3.00 a piece and $300 to do it is WAY too much unless they are charging over $200/hr for labor. Should only take an hour to do. Maybe check with a different dealership?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The DIY fix should be an easy Saturday project. The only issue would be if the nuts/bolts are siezed up due to rust. PB Blaster is your friend.

Worst case... You break something (a nut - one on the truck not your own). Solution: remove the entire sway bar for a few days. Lots of guys take theirs off and leave it off - but only when they have aftermarket coilovers that are strong enough to provide the necessary support.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, guys. I thought their quote sounded too high. I'll try to fight for it under warranty again, but if that fails, I just gotta research the parts, figure out where to get 'em, and plan out a Saturday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$3 for bushings....gotta get me 7 sets of those, cuz the cheapest i found is $22 and change at energysuspension.....

i agree, save yourself the $280 and DIY in about an hour.

me, that is what i am gonna do and the PRG links too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's what I found, too. About to order the PRG endlinks - Greg said they would work best with my mini-lift (could be why the originals are shot). Actually, my bushings don't look bad...but should I change 'em out anyway while under there?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
JJ, are your bushings really shot? It's hard to imagine a 2009 having bushings that need to be replaced already.

If they are shot or looking like they aren't mounted correctly then I would replace them with the new version when you do the end links as you'll already have most of the sway bar taken apart.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll take a really good look at them this weekend...but from what I saw, the bushings look fine. It's just the endlinks that are definitely bad.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The clunk is the lower control arm bushing play. The Lower control arms have about an 1/8th inch of play which when the truck is lifted seems to increase the clunk. Ask PRG about the delrin washer fix.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Received the new endlinks from Greg...these are MUCH beefier than originals. Question: no directions with the parts...do I need to jack up the truck so the front wheels hang, or do I need to place the jack under the sway bar to support it in place?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts