Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone! Recently bought an ‘05 Titan & new to the forum and already found a ton of useful info on here so I’m confident someone on here can help me out. My truck had no head unit & previous owner removed all aftermarket components & left factory Clarion speakers in doors & wires to amp(s). Mine is extended cab w/factory amp under the dash. I bought a factory 6 disc head unit & plugged it up but have no sound from speakers. I reconnected all the speaker wires that I found to have been cut & spliced but still have no sound. My question is do the head units have different wiring? All the plugs plugged in but there is one plug closer to the climate control that is not plugged into anything. Is this for the amp? Any help will be very appreciated as I’ve been working on this issue for several days now. I do not know if power is getting to the amp. I’ve checked all fuses but still have no sound. Everything lights up on the HU & seems to be in proper functioning order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify, mine is the Pro4X extended cab. The wires I referred to being left in the truck were the aftermarket hot & ground for the amp that was added. Factory amp appears untouched.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, plug leading to the RF sub under driver seat was jacked up w/only a black and a white wire in the plug. There was a brown and a brown with white stripe wires that were hacked into with the ends cut under the seat. I removed the seat & the sub yesterday to try to figure out where these 2 brown wires were supposed to go as I’ve read on here these colors don’t seem to be the right color for that particular plug for the sub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would suggest you go to the Nissan Nico factory service manual site and look up the titan 2005 manual and download the AV audio section. This should give you a good idea of the factory cables. I used this site when I bought my 2016 Frontier and waiting for the 2021 manuals to come out and it was very useful.You can use the link below for the 2005 Titan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jp21 I printed the manual but have not been able to pinpoint the problem yet. May be unrelated but my wiper motor does not work either. Going to check for power at the plug & also the ground. Fuse is good (if I checked the correct one) also pulled the fuse box out from under the hood & gave it a thorough cleaning as there was a good bit of dirt, sand & corrosion on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts