Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did I do wrong? The bass does not really come in till the volume level is around 15 to 20 on the radio. I am use to the volume at 10 and the bass lightly shaking the rear view mirror.

Set Up: Sony MEX DV2000 head unit(4 volt preamp output), 2 Orion HCCA 225's (bridged mono 1 ohm, 400 watts to each L7), 2 L710's 2ohm, Tech12volt L7 FF box, 4 gauge power. This set up should rock the world, but does not.

I did add poly fill to the box, Not over stuffed, Could this be the cause?

Tried high pass set to 80 & 120hz, low pass set to 80 & 120hz,
Sub level is maxed out, Gains tuned, different RCA path cords.

The L7's are new and have had a couple days to burn in.

It hit harder with the 2 8" Bazookas i had installed.

It is not the amps, I ran them 1 at a time with the Bazookas to make sure there was nothing wrong with them. Tested each voice coil to be sure there was not one burnt.

If i cannot figure it out i will build a new box, if that does not work the Box and L7's will be sold.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed it one woofer out of phase.

Now to get my CEQ7 fixed and installed to get more Bass out of it.

Did some test, had the steering wheel shaking, all from 100 Watts.

Once I finish tuning this thing is going to be Crazy.

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Have you metered your preamp signal with a 40hz test tone played at 3/4 volume in order to set the amp to the optimum input sensitivity? This is the most important thing you can do to setup an amp correctly, get the best performance out of the equipment, and protect it as well.
Also if you had your high and lowpass filters set the same, then you're not really getting much signal to the drivers?? You should drop your lowpass to below 80 hz if the upper band is limited to 80hz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts