1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
235 Posts
does anyone have a picture of this, cuz i opened my tailgate today on my 04 and it opened about 1/3 the way and then a little spring thing lowered it slowly, is that what u all are talkin about?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
thats it, but i thought they were only on the 05 models?

·
Registered
235 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats it, but i thought they were only on the 05 models?
i dunno, mine is an 04 and the spring helper thing is on the right side, kind of like a coil type thing, if i had a digital camera i would take pics but i dont. also mine still has the steel cables, i dunno if those are on the 05s too

G

·
I had heard before that some of the late production 2004s got the tailgate assist, and the finned aluminum differential cover.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
well they will definently fit the 04 then

·
Registered
235 Posts
BiXLL Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:48 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had heard before that some of the late production 2004s got the tailgate assist, and the finned aluminum differential cover.

whats a finned aluminum diff cover, like shiny finish or just a stronger lighter cover?

G

·
shift said:
BiXLL Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:48 am Post subject:

whats a finned aluminum diff cover, like shiny finish or just a stronger lighter cover?
Has aluminum finish, cooling fins, and holds a larger capacity of oil.

·
Registered
235 Posts
anyone have a picture of it? and if i have the tailgate assist does that mean i have the aluminum diff cover?

G

·
shift said:
anyone have a picture of it? and if i have the tailgate assist does that mean i have the aluminum diff cover?
LOL, stick your head under and take a look! Is the back of it finned or smoothe? Is it black or aluminum?

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BiXLL said:
shift said:
LOL, stick your head under and take a look! Is the back of it finned or smoothe? Is it black or aluminum?
I stopped in a dealership yesterday, was playin with the tailgate on the 05, then was lookin under one up on one of those big ramps and a saleman came up behind me "Can I help you?" Scare the he** outta me, jumped and hit my head on the bottom of the tailgate. :oops: Gotta knot on my head. :lol:
Anyway, I told him I wanted the tailgate assist and the diff cover on my 04. He's checkin and called once with a price of 400 on the TG. 8O Told him I just wanted the parts. Now checkin on that. Still checkin on the diff cover.
Oh yea, almost forgot....Got some Redline today. Was gonna change it tomorrow, but I'm gonna wait and see if the cover is available first.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cover is on national backorder as are the 12 bolts that you need to change it out. You won't believe the price on the bolts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must be made of gold.

·
Registered
235 Posts
BiXLL Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:35 am Post subject:

shift wrote:

well i did and im still a lil shakey, there are 12 bolts, and the differential is shaped funny like one side is dented compared to the other, if thats what finned means then i guess ive got the 05 features, which brings up questions about the headrests and whats so good bout em?

G

·
Its only the cover you are looking at, not the entire differential. The part that the 12 bolts are holding on. Is it smoothe or finned, black or aluminum?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts