Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the overwhelming number of Texans joining the forum lately, especially north Texans, perhaps it would be a good idea to start planning, or pre-planning a meet sometime. I'm not great at organizing things like this, just suggesting them. :lol: But if anyone is interested in something like this, I think it would be a great time.

·
Registered
601 Posts
All you "yankees" from North Texas need to drive down here to Houston and hook up with us for a meet! :bling2:

We had a bit of confusion and convulusion and all that trying to setup a TT meet here in Houston. A few of us finally just said screw it and met last Sunday. (The first one's always the hardest right?) So now we are trying to set up meet #2. It is just difficult to try and get people to agree on a date/time and then sitck to it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as we don't have to drive to El Paso or anything like that. :sweating: Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, they really aren't all that far apart. I think that would be a good idea. Plus, I haven't been to Houston in awhile.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Careful now... My wife made a whole weekend out of us driving to Dallas to buy some wheels from a former Titan owner. A 15 minute business deal (plus 4 hours round trip dive) ended up costing me a lot more than I had planned. But, on the bright side, she was happy with the mini-vacation and didn't complain about me buying wheels and driving all the way up there to pick them up!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Houston's Fine by me! (Got Relatives down there)

Pick a Date! Any Date! and it'll Be a Date! LOL!
(Sometime in the Spring - B/4 it gets too Humid!)

I can't Organize my Tools, much less a Meet, But I'm a GOOD Helper!

-On a side note, I'll notify my members on Gathering of the Titans (link below), and see if anyone has any suggestions for where and when.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to be a downer here, but a spring meet might end up excluding me unless its around the Dallas area. But hey, if I can't make it, I'm sure you guys will still have a great time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As long as its on a weekend I would love to come down to dallas or houston. Good buddy of mine lives there... Keep us updated! Its about a 7 hour trip from Wichita Falls, Tx But it would be alot of fun... Any ideas on some events we could plan for it???

G

·
I Say Spring, cuz I'm a little Anxious to meet New Friends. So, it could be Anytime, as long as we can get it going.
Plano has its Annual Balloon Festival (In the Fall) which is neat to see, but its so Big, we'd have to be a "part" of the Festival to make it worth the while.
Since I Work in Plano, I have a Few "Contacts", :bling2: Who are Also Titan Owners (but Not Club members), and I'll see what Ideas "They" may have. :wink:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are always plenty of things going on around the DFW area, I'm sure we can find a reason to get together, if for nothing else, than to just get together. But I agree, spring does sound good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
May to early July is good for me. Anytime other than that is not possible due to work.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So do we want to plan on doing something in June or early July? I'm not a good planner, but I have some organization skills. I think...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, how's this for a meet suggestion. Summer, central Texas, what better than a tubing trip down the good ol' Guadalupe?? New Braunfels, beer, tubes, sound good to anyone else, or is that a little too much?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Excellent Idea!
Never done it, but Always Wanted to.
We're (Pam and I) open for anything EXCEPT July 4th weekend (2,3&4).
The 16/17 weekend is just b/4 my Birthday (18th).

It would be Best NOT to be around th 4th of July.
(too many tourists)LOL!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been down there a few times, I actually went to college in Kerrville. Rockin "R" and River Sports are the two that I recall. I'll check with some of my friends around that area and see who they can recommend. Oh, and be sure to bring a lot of sunscreen. Beer and the river make ya real red. :fan3: Look like this guy if you pass out on your side.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts