Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Thursday Feb 3rd I was leaving at 4am to catch a 7am flight to Philly for a business trip, went to warm the truck up at 3:45am and guess what..........it wouldn't freaking start!!!! ARGHH

Had to call a buddy at 4am to get my rear to the airport, worried for the last week and half about the truck, got home late last night, had a buddy come over this morning and jumped it, started right up!!! PHEW (wipes forehead)

I was little pissed tho because I have a Gold Duralast Battery with very high CCA's, think i'm gonna be looking into a new battery (mine is only 2 years old tho) but don't want this to happen again!

:thumbsup-big:

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
It wouldn't start, or it wouldn't crank?

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:scheibe-big:
It wouldn't start, or it wouldn't crank?
Wouldn't crank, just made that fast clicking sound........Forgot to mention that the previous night was -22 and it was in the negatives for about 3 days prior as well!

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The battery is gone....

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
How long did the truck sit idle without being started in that cold?

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long did the truck sit idle without being started in that cold?
Well it didn't sit idle at all before it wouldn't start that morning. However it sat for 10 days after that until this morning and it was in the negatives at night a few nights and in the teens during the last few days. Although today is 67 degrees.......

Took it to Auto Zone to have battery tested anyways just to play it safe and yep it needed to be re-placed. 6 weeks out of the 3 year free replacement period, arghhh!!! They hooked me up anyways and gave me a new battery for only $30.85......Yay Auto Zone you guys rock!!!

Now with that being said this is the Gold Duralast Battery 24F DLG with 750 CCA's and 935 CA's and it only lasted just outside of 3years???

If it weren't for the $30 deal I woulda went to an Optima or another Gell Cell battery......

Oh ya, spent some time in Pennsylvania last Sunday..........
- Liberty Bell - Pennsylvania State House - Philadelphia Museum of Art - & Few Other Places! Also went to Pat's King of Steaks for Philly Cheesesteak and wasn't impressed one bit. Although the stroll down the Italian Market was quite interesting to say the least!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The battery served you well, those conditions can kill any battery. Very cold, time without use etc. Just would have ben nice to go dead a few weeks earlier. Maybe get next battery tested just before 3 years is up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts