Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the black vertical area right between the to side windows on the outside of the doors is just some type of black vinyl sticker material. Does anyone know how easy this is to take off and is it painted the same color as the truck underneath? I would like to take this off even if I have to get it painted to match the reat of the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
It varries truck to truck. I have seen people that removed it and were able to clean it up and it looked fine. Some people have found a rough area back there and wound up having to get it painted or put new sticker back on. Some have also found it partially painted so its pretty much a game of luck there. I believe someone was actually selling chrome trim for that part also. Does anyone have a link to that I can not remember who it was.
M4ck

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a bubble in my black tape and took a razor and cut down the sides of the seals and peeled off mine. I have a silver crew cab and underneath the tape was the same color. You will have to buff out some minor scratches and haze and the tape leaves some sticky residue but it's worth it. The truck looks better afterwards.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
bfiii12 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7949816174&category=33654&sspagename=WDVW

That is the link to ebay.
M4ck, please ban me from this site. I thought that I completed adding "stuffs" to my truck then here is a new one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tyltan said:
bfiii12 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7949816174&category=33654&sspagename=WDVW

M4ck, please ban me from this site. I thought that I completed adding "stuffs" to my truck then here is a new one.
No ...

You have to take the first step yourself ...

"Hi ... My name is Tyttan ... and I'm a Titanholic !"

:D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Bill_N said:
Tyltan said:
bfiii12 said:

No ...

You have to take the first step yourself ...

"Hi ... My name is Tyttan ... and I'm a Titanholic !"

:D
HEHE ban now that would be harsh. Just buy it and while your at it pick up one for me and we will never tell anyone.
LOL
m4ck

·
Registered
8 Posts
mrjayd said:
I just noticed the black vertical area right between the to side windows on the outside of the doors is just some type of black vinyl sticker material. Does anyone know how easy this is to take off and is it painted the same color as the truck underneath? I would like to take this off even if I have to get it painted to match the reat of the truck.
This area is sanded to help the black out stick. If you're lucky they didn't bust the clear coat doing it and you could ever so lightly wet sand it and buff it out.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
SEATMAKER said:
I had a bubble in my black tape and took a razor and cut down the sides of the seals and peeled off mine. I have a silver crew cab and underneath the tape was the same color. You will have to buff out some minor scratches and haze and the tape leaves some sticky residue but it's worth it. The truck looks better afterwards.
I know this thread is old, but could we gets pics with the black gone and see how it looks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
jaysplaypen wrote:
I know this thread is old, but could we gets pics with the black gone and see how it looks
I missed this thead originally, I also would be interested in seeing pics.

Also what do you do to get rid of the word quote:, I've never figured that one out.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
madeye said:
jaysplaypen wrote:
I know this thread is old, but could we gets pics with the black gone and see how it looks

Also what do you do to get rid of the word quote:, I've never figured that one out.
You just have to be careful what you delete when you quote somebody. I erased nothing and it is Fine.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
madeye said:

See this is if I wanted to delete the older quote in the quote

You have to Leave "
madeye said:
" intaked if it is to quote right.

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
we want pics....we want pics..... :whip: pronto!!!!

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Tyltan said:
bfiii12 said:

There's alot of that going around lately. Rossi and I need banned from Dunders posts!!LOL

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I was able to find 1 Titan without the vinyl on the pillars.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
by the way its there to protect the part of the door that most people use to push the door shut with their hands. Its to protect from paint getting damaged there. I have thought about removing it on my Titan and adding some 3m clear protective tape. That way its still protected but same color as the rest of the Titan. It really doesn't bother me though now the way it is. If I ever get that stuff scratched or something I will do it.
M4ck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is the same color under the tape

Took my tape of today. Looks GOOD!! I've got all the handles painted (including tailgate) and mirros and now everything is Smoke!!
PICS COMIN SOON!

2005 XE Smoke CC
No Flat Black anywhere!
Chrome grill
Chrome stock XE wheels (soon to change)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I pulled mine off today and I am disappointed that it is scuffed up. Now I have to break out the wheel and buff it. But I think it looks good.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Re: Mine is the same color under the tape

dub said:
Took my tape of today. Looks GOOD!! I've got all the handles painted (including tailgate) and mirros and now everything is Smoke!!
PICS COMIN SOON!

2005 XE Smoke CC
No Flat Black anywhere!
Chrome grill
Chrome stock XE wheels (soon to change)
Hey dub were are the pics. was it clear coated under there. Also you can put you signature text in your profile at the top, and it will enter it for you everytime you post.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts