Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back between OKC and Dallas the last couple weeks was a bree:feuerkopf2-big::feuerkopf2-big:ze in my 2010 Titan. I had about 400 extra pounds in the back (plus covered in a layer of ice which added weight) I had no problems in the snow in OKC or pure ice here in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yea I've taken my 2wd drive Titan through all kinds of snow and ice and never gotten stuck. I always put weight in the back during winter and I keep good tires on.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I put center blocks and left over bricks between the tailgate and bed extender and ran in 4 wheel drive only when on the ice in Denton. Denton was really bad. No slips, nada. Love my T.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Been away from the forum for a while but had to come back & rave about the Titan in the snow. Had it up to Mammoth this last weekend where we got about 4 feet of snow. The main roads were decently plowed but there were areas that had 1-2 feet of fresh snow on the ground. The Titan plowed right through in 4WD & never slipped once. I had the same results in the more local mountains last month.

About the only thing I didn't like was the anti-lock brakes kicking in on me a few times. They may have been warranted but I didn't think I was slipping much if at all (I'm a native San Diegan & snow driving isn't really a skill of mine so I could be wrong here). They are pretty alarming when they kick in since you feel a bit out of control & they are pretty loud. My first instinct when they kicked on was to stomp harder on the brake since it didn't feel like I was going to stop in time. I was pretty much alone on the streets when this happened so there was no risk. Looks like I need to practice my snow braking skills.

Other than that the stock battery was feeling pretty weak in the cold so it's about time to upgrade. Still love this truck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
bought my T not to long ago.. 2nd night of owing it.. we got hit with 5 inches. i had to take her out and play. ( last car was hondas2000) yeha she def didnt see snow. so i poicked up 2 freinds and we played for about 3 hours. SOOOOOO much fun!! i was amazed on how great this truck is in 4WD. actually got to pull a car out of a ditch. this truck is a FU*CKING BEAST.

·
Registered
406 Posts
their not bad in sand either

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
My first Titan was an 05 4x4 with offroad and se popular. Loved it. Bought in in Anchorage AK. Never got stuck. As a matter of fact, I towed a ton of people out of snow banks.

I no longer have 4x4, but living in DFW, I haven't needed it much.

·
Registered
406 Posts
plow your drive ?

Yeah, my T is pretty good in the snow. LOL[/QUOTE]

Well sure you do ,Hell you plow it out of the way first!

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Haha! Yeah, this truck has been nothing but good to me in the snow. Been plowing commercially with it for for 4 seasons, running for days at a time when we get slammed, sometimes even having to drag the skidsteer around to stack piles higher.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.