Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there is information floating around on numerous threads and I thought it might be helpful for some including myself to consolidate some key information in this thread. Hopefully it helps people as they make custom tire and wheel choices. Here is what I know.

---------------------------------------------------

Titan Factory Wheel Sizes:

SE/LE = 18X8 with +25mm Offset
Off-Road Package (XE,SE,LE) = 17X7.5 with ??? Offset
XE Standard = 17X7.5 with ??? Offset

Titan Factory Tire Sizes:

SE/LE = 265/70/18
Off-Road Package (XE,SE,LE) = 285/70/17
XE Standard = 245/75/17

Titan Bolt Pattern:

6X139.7mm (6X5.5") (Same as Toyota Tundra and late model Chevy 1/2 ton)

Hub Center Bores:

Nissan Titan = 77.80mm
Toyota Tundra = 106.00mm
Chevy 1/2 Ton (Late Model 6-Lug) = 78.10mm

Can anyone fill in the blanks? One question I have is, are the Titan's factory wheels Hub Centric or Lug Centric? Nobody I know of makes an aftermarket wheel that is Hub Centric for the Titan.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That's good info, I don't have all that much to add except this site is great to see how different combo's match up to the OEM. http://350zx.com/tire-wheel.html

Also, I don't know this for shure, but I have never seen an OEM wheel that was not hubcentric on any car I've owned. I think all OEM wheels are hubcentric.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QWIKWHIP said:
That's good info, I don't have all that much to add except this site is great to see how different combo's match up to the OEM. http://350zx.com/tire-wheel.html

Also, I don't know this for shure, but I have never seen an OEM wheel that was not hubcentric on any car I've owned. I think all OEM wheels are hubcentric.
I also thought all factory wheels were Hub Centric but the guy at Discount Tire Direct today told me the Titan's factory wheels were listed as Lug Centric?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Great info, TitanHauler!

I know you've been looking for these answers for a while, Thanks for sharing with others. :wink:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:

I also thought all factory wheels were Hub Centric but the guy at Discount Tire Direct today told me the Titan's factory wheels were listed as Lug Centric?
Hmm, strange. I never noticed when I did the leveling kit either. Oh well, I';; find out soon enough, as will you. lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
TitanHauler said:
Ok, there is information floating around on numerous threads and I thought it might be helpful for some including myself to consolidate some key information in this thread. Hopefully it helps people as they make custom tire and wheel choices. Here is what I know.

Titan Factory Wheel Sizes:

SE/LE = 18X8 with +25mm Offset
Off-Road Package (XE,SE,LE) = 17X7.5 with ??? Offset
XE Standard = 17X7.5 with ??? Offset

Titan Factory Tire Sizes:

SE/LE = 265/70/18
Off-Road Package (XE,SE,LE) = 285/70/17
XE Standard = 245/75/17

Titan Bolt Pattern:

6X139.7mm (6X5.5") (Same as Toyota Tundra and late model Chevy 1/2 ton)

Hub Center Bores:

Nissan Titan = 77.80mm
Toyota Tundra = 106.00mm
Chevy 1/2 Ton (Late Model 6-Lug) = 78.10mm

Can anyone fill in the blanks? One question I have is, are the Titan's factory wheels Hub Centric or Lug Centric? Nobody I know of makes an aftermarket wheel that is Hub Centric for the Titan.
I just bought wheels and tires and the first set they sent (pro comp) had the 106mm hub bore. The shop installed them and they were o.k. HOWEVER I noticed the factory wheels were hub centric.So I expressed my concern and they tried to install bushings but they would not work with the push through the back wheel caps. So they just installed them and they seemed to be o.k. THEN I removed the front tires to perform the inner wheel well mod only to find I had two differnt offsets +2 and -6. SO I called the shop and they ordered me a new set and the girl that ordered them said she also got the chevy bore (78mm).WELL GUESS WHAT? THEY WORK FRICKIN GREAT! 18X9 6 ON 5.5 HUB CENTRIC 4 3/4" BACK SPACING / WHEEL WELL MOD / 35/12.5R 18 NITTO MUDD GRAPPLERS (WIDE A$$ TIRE) NO RUBBING! :thumbsup-big:NISSAN TITANS ARE HUB CENTRIC. The wheel is centered by the hub and all the lugs have to do is hold the wheel on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts