Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was trying to swap out the bulb for the high-mounted stop light today, and I took one step forward and two steps back. I finally found out the brake light bulb # is a 921. However, it's a B**ch to get out. There are two nuts that hold the housing in that you have to access from the roof in the back of the cab. For some reason I can't get those nuts out. I have copied what is says about it from the service manual:

However, it doesn't say what size the nuts are. I think I need a deep socket, but it's something smaller than a 10mm. Anyway, the bulb is a 921, but to take the housing out, you have to get those nuts off.

Does anyone know what size those nuts are??!!

HELP!!

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
You can never have enough 1/4 inch sockets. Time to go buy a set. Never know when you might need something like that.

No, I have no idea (haven't done that job) what size. You can also rent tools from some auto parts stores.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LDOTITAN said:
You can never have enough 1/4 inch sockets. Time to go buy a set. Never know when you might need something like that.

No, I have no idea (haven't done that job) what size. You can also rent tools from some auto parts stores.
Well, I actually have a set, but the nuts are in a really weird spot, so it's hard to say, I've tried multiple sized but I can't tell if it's because the socket isn't deep, or because it's the wrong size. . .kinda hard to explain.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Can you see the heads? Maybe they are torx or hex heads. I know lots of folks have done work up there and will know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LDOTITAN said:
Can you see the heads? Maybe they are torx or hex heads. I know lots of folks have done work up there and will know.
yeah, I can see the heads, but only from a "straight-on" view. They are just regular metric nuts I think.

It needed a 7MM deep socket. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will need a deep socket and an extension to reach the bolt heads. Check out youtube video's for it (HowToTitan) to get a good idea what you are looking for since the bolts are at a weird angle, and once they are out it will feel like the assembly is glued to the roof which it isn't just needs a little tug and pull and it will come right off. Legit accessories sells LED replacements for the bulbs and may also be able to give you the bulb size as well. Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts