Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been visiting the other Titan sites and I must say, this one has the right stuff for Titan owners in terms of discussions, member input, etc.

I will make this my main Titan site and I look forward to exchanging info with all of you.

I used to be the moderator of a Dodge Durango forum -- about 1,200 members, so I've heard it all (I think). We'll see what comes up here.

Nice to be here / Jim

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Welcome aboard, Senior Chief.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brian. I guess what turned me off about the other sites are the great numbers of trolls that come in and post such obvious BS -- it's amazing. I am sure that never happens in here, right.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JimB said:
Thanks Brian. I guess what turned me off about the other sites are the great numbers of trolls that come in and post such obvious BS -- it's amazing. I am sure that never happens in here, right.... :lol:
Actually, we take a lot of pride in not letting it happen in here! We are fortunate that with our different work shifts, we pretty much have coverage of the site, 24/7. I think you will find that the members we seem to attract pretty much moderate themselves though.

At any rate, I also welcome you to our little haven! Look fwd to seeing you in here posting often!

·
4,341 Posts
What Bixll says is true, but you will also notice (as was recently pointed out by another memeber) the number of active posters in this group is very small. I see where we have almost 800 members, but only about 10 or 12 who routinely participate. I understand that not everyone joins to be involved, but you would think with that many people, more would be vocal. The few who do participate keep it on the up and up and the information is there of all to share.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like my kind of place. I belong to another forum www.rswarrior.com and one thing I like about that place is the "fellowship" atmosphere. We have a blast in there, and many of us know each other personally -- even off the site. Which is nice. I am riding with a guy this Sunday who I met via that site, weather permitting of course. You never know here in Virginia.

Brian -- you former Navy? If so, years... duty stations, etc.?

I was in for 23 years, retired in 1999.
Ships - USS Ogden, El Paso, Nimitz, Iowa (the Big Stick).

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
We try to develop the same kind of off site relationships here. We had a first "ClubTitan Meet" earlier in the year in Ga. I even flew down and stayed with JetTech to attend. It was a great time, would have been better with more members, but we had a much smaller membership base at the time. We will be pushing for many more of these meets once the weather breaks.

·
4,341 Posts
Jim, Current Navy. 21 years total. Still a bit to go. USS Stump, Hayler, Yorktown, Great Lakes, Pensacola. Currently INSURV.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LDOTITAN said:
Jim, Current Navy. 21 years total. Still a bit to go. USS Stump, Hayler, Yorktown, Great Lakes, Pensacola. Currently INSURV.
Oh Jeez - an INSURV guy. Weps or Engineering? I loved you guys in GTMO - 3 a.m. GQ's and all that fun stuff. Zone inspections at 0210 in #4 shaft alley. Wow! Those were the days... Jim

·
4,341 Posts
Engineering type. ATG did the GTMO thing. They're much nicer than we are.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
3 a.m. GQ's and all that fun stuff. Zone inspections at 0210 in #4 shaft alley. Wow! Those were the days... Jim[/quote]

I STILL Have Nightmares!
(Uss Boone FFG-28 '87-'91 OS2)
-Sean

Welcome Aboard! :wink: :lol:

·
4,341 Posts
The rest of the forum is wonering what the hell we're talking about!!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
We will never admit it though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LDOTITAN said:
The rest of the forum is wonering what the hell we're talking about!!
You're probably right. Let's not even start with "Stern Gate Keys," "Buckets of Steam," "Relative Bearing Grease," "Mail Bouy Watches" and freakin' "Sea Bats," ok??

Later man... Jim

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll admit it~~~I don't have a clue :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts