Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to put a bedliner in the bed of my T. i was wondering if anyone had any tips to making it as clean as possible. i will be using a roller not a piss can. is there any specific brand that anyone would recommend and what prep work should i do in order to keep it from chipping later down the road? any other helpful input would be appreciated. thanks:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Prep work is key. Masking off what you dont want bedlined, primer for better adhesion(if thats possible) and having paint thinner on hand for quick cleanups.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
duplicolor bed armor it worked really well and i think they still have a 25 rebate offer

·
Registered
894 Posts
I used the spray can stuff for my cargo basket.. looks sweet..but after one camp trip, it/s chipping where water jugs/military box sat lol

Prep is key.. there is this acid stuff (cheap at walmart in the paint section next to the bedliner stuff) that will work wonders. Buddy did that for his truck and got great results..minus dropping a full motor in his truck and got a scrape to show some white paint in the bed lol

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
DWT is absolutely correct. You cant beat Line-X or Rhino lining. Its definitely better professionally. But it depends on what kind of stress its going to see. I used Herculiner from pep boys. $80 kit, comes with rollers, a few scratch pads for prep. I used acetone to after the scratch pad to clean everything up and make sure you put it on thick. Use the entire gallon. I love the way mine turned out. But my bed only sees my quad, some dirtbikes, camping equipment and what not. I did get a minor scratch when a rototiller went back there and one the tines got a hold of it. This is how mine turned out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.