Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the 04 with the colum shifter and i have manual mode where i can shift whenever i want from 1-4 then put it back in overdrive, does neone else have this?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have it as well. I have an XE.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
also have it, its an XE thing i believe

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I have it and love it. I like to gear down with it coming to a red light. Mainly if I see a Hemi at the light. Makes my exhaust just rumble when slowing down. LOL Oh yeh mine is an XE also.
M4ck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got an XE, should put us at an advantage when someone comes out with that positraction (lsd) rearend, so we can control shifting, can a XE titan beat an 03 dodge 4x4 four door hemi?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
shift said:
got an XE, should put us at an advantage when someone comes out with that positraction (lsd) rearend, so we can control shifting, can a XE titan beat an 03 dodge 4x4 four door hemi?
Oh heck yes, with one spark plug wire removed and your eyes closed.. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
My previous trucks were both 5-speeds, so I really enjoy this feature. As with M4ck, I really like the sound of my Magnaflow when I hold a gear in stop an go traffic and let the engine compression slow me down. Some have had problems with a tranny shudder on the 3-2 downshift. Its happened to me a few times, but only ~20mph or so. Tom M. over on TT is hounding Nissan about this problem, so I'll wait to see what comes of it. For now, I'll just avoid the 20mph 3-2 downshifts and enjoy watching the big 3 guys do a double take when I pull up to them in traffic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to own a 98 Honda Prelude with a tiptronic tranny. I was kind of ruff on it at times,(well I abused the crap out of it all the time) and I replaced it twice. Once under warranty and once on my dime to the tune of $5000. My only point is that you shouldn't make it the primary means to change gears, and if you have the urge to have some fun use common sense. Just because you can put it in 1st at 60 miles and hour and tromp the gas does not make it a good idea. Most people know this, but some people are out there working on their warranty claim even as I type this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts