Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting ready to go elk hunting with my Dad. October in the Big Horns in Northern Wyoming can be interesting, and being prepared is never a bad idea. Tire chains are the cheapest traction adder, and I cannot afford a winch right now, so I got one set from TireChains.com for 315/70R17. Due to clearance I got the 5.5mm Square link type (and cost). Arrived in about a week. The cams were a nice addition, made them very tight beyond the rubber chain tighteners. Here are a few pics of the test fit:

2010-10-09 12.30.02.jpg

2010-10-09 12.30.20.jpg

2010-10-09 12.30.39.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
chains in sand?

good one got a pair about a year ago( part of reason I won't change tire size!) need to dry test them don't want to relearn how to put on in a blizzird. looks bad... on all four. any money on I got the only snow chains in cc! lol

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
That looks mean as all get out!!!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
On the rear maybe but using them on the rear should do the trick...if needed at all. As long as you don't have the crappy OEM tires, you probably won't need them at all.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the rear maybe but using them on the rear should do the trick...if needed at all. As long as you don't have the crappy OEM tires, you probably won't need them at all.
Where we hunt folks rock 38" boggers with chains and it STILL isn't enough. Deep mud and snow. Tires just don't get enough traction on hills when it is slick out. I remember a time when we had my Dad's old '78 Chevy chained up all the way and we were pushing snow coming over the hod. If I remember right, we got high centered on ruts, throwing chains due to the rocks underneith. Needless to say, a mud tire will only go so far. Stay tuned, I may take some pictures.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Invest in great tires. I hate snow chains for many reasons. One member had to get a new bed as a chain slipped off and tore his up..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts