Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is any kind of road/tire hazard warranty on the goodyears? I got a nail right on the edge of the tread/sidewall and was told it cannot be repaired (so they say...). These goodyears are $175.00 a pop!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
dont have the goodyears but same thing happened to me with the BFG's and they told me i was out of luck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Man, I can't recall. I had a nail in mine after about 200 miles. Kinda funny actually, that was the first time I let my wife drive it and the "low air pressure warning light/horn" came on. :lol: I told her she shouldn't be driving it anyway. :lol:

Anyway, paid to fix it out of my own pocket.

Take a look through your "supplemental" warranty booklet and see what it says.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
firecracker, its funny you say that it happened when your wife was driving it because the same happened here. truck just rolled over 1000 miles and she nabbed a nail :( also told her she wouldnt be driving it anymore :lol: she didnt find it funny though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tires have the normal "defect" warranty but I could not find any info on road hazard warranty. I remember in the past some of my vehicles had a road hazard warranty to cover things like this that rendered the tire unrepairable. Guess I call my service rep and/or Goodyear and see what they say....

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
firecracker, its funny you say that it happened when your wife was driving it because the same happened here. truck just rolled over 1000 miles and she nabbed a nail :( also told her she wouldnt be driving it anymore :lol: she didnt find it funny though

:lol: :lol: She uses the same "you can't drive it anymore" thing with her Pathfinder now, though.

Turnabout's fairplay, I guess! :D

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
No hazard warranty on the OEM tires, or most others.I had just a few miles on my wife's Murano when we hit something in the road and knocked a big hole in the tire. $148.00 to replace it. :x

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
went to discount tire for mine and they told me $196 on just the tire, but we dealed down and i got them down to $130 out the door mounted and balenced :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Guys....when you get a new vehicle the first thing you do is

go to Discount tires. You can buy a full service warranty for about $130.00. This covers road hazards, free mounting, balancing, and rotation, for as long as you own the tires. And, if you sell the vehicle the new owner can use it also I beleive. Best $130.00 you can spend (Actually I think it was $132.00 when I bought it for my 2002 Ford F350 CC Longbed). When I get my Titan in a few days I'm buying it again.

Steve 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts