Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the big deal with getting new wheels to work w/ the pressure sensor? I called my Nissan service to see if they would put wheel on for me, thinking I wouldn't have a problem, And they told me that won't do it cause they can't guaranty the sensor will work properly or even hold air because of some o-ring :twisted:
So, what kind of a place should I go to get em mounted? Chain or mom and pop place?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
baja220 said:
What's the big deal with getting new wheels to work w/ the pressure sensor? I called my Nissan service to see if they would put wheel on for me, thinking I wouldn't have a problem, And they told me that won't do it cause they can't guaranty the sensor will work properly or even hold air because of some o-ring :twisted:
So, what kind of a place should I go to get em mounted? Chain or mom and pop place?
I didn't even worry about them. They are more of a pain than there worth. :)

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that I want them, just want them to work properly if they're on the truck. If they don't work, won't it chime and the light be on all the time. I don't wanna put black tape on the dash :roll: That's the only thing I'm worried about. I can check my own tire pressure w/ my trusty Moroso :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
baja220 said:
It's not that I want them, just want them to work properly if they're on the truck. If they don't work, won't it chime and the light be on all the time. I don't wanna put black tape on the dash :roll: That's the only thing I'm worried about. I can check my own tire pressure w/ my trusty Moroso :D
If you don't install them the light will come on after about 45 minutes of driving. There will be no chime and it will turn off everytime you shut the truck off. So short trips the light will never even come on and trips over 45 minutes you will just have the llight but no annoying noises. When I get my wheels on I'm gonna see if the dealer can just deactivate it in the computer. They should be able to do that. And I agree, I don't need an idiot light to tell me to check my tires. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had to drive around town for 5 hrs looking for a place to change them out. I stoped by the 3rd big ten tire shop here in Pensacola, the one on alt 90 for those who live her. They were the 7th place I stoped by. I got stories that ranged from we always break them when we pop the tire off the rim to we need a 5 thousand dollar new piece of equiptment. Funny thing is when I got to the last place, they laughed at all of that. All they did was deflate the tire and push the tire down over the sensor and slide their hand in and take the sensor off. It was realy a joke when he said all he needed was a 10 or 11 mm socket to loosen the nut on it. When he put it on the new rims it fit and sealed fine with out having to change the O ring thats on it. That O ring, if it needed to be replaced could be pulled off of another stem if it had to. The sensors do not sit tight against the rim on the inside like on the stock but it's still way below any spot that could cause damage if the tire goes flat. When he put them in the new rims, he put the tire on first and then put the sensors on and then filled them up with air. He was just careful not to damage them when he let the tire over it. I have had them in with out any problems or leaks for 6 months or so.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Lawyers and Litigation again

This problem where they are "Afraid" to do somethng becuase it won't seal, or some other reason is a continuing result of the excessive number of lawyers and our society who feels the need to sue at the drop of a hat.

Concerning tires. Right after Ford and Firestone went through their exploding tire debacle, Costco changed their tire sales and service rules. I used to be able to buy any tire they sold that would fit on my car which had oversized rims. Now they have a book/computer program they refer to and if the tire size you request is not the original size for your car...they won't sell you the tires. Afraid of litigation and liability, I bet!

Our vendors are eventually going to have to deal with this or they won't have an aftermarket to sell to.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
unfortunatly the dealer can not deactivate these sensors or the monitoring system and told me it was not possible to do :( .

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
unfortunatly the dealer can not deactivate these sensors or the monitoring system and told me it was not possible to do :( .
I find that hard to believe. :) I think your dealer just would not or didn't know how. I wish I had a Consult II, boy would I do some damage! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also find this a potentially annoying feature. Can you just pull the light out from behind the indicator rather than trying to have the dealer messing around trying to deactivate the computer (which I don't think they'd do because of liability)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts