Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire pressure sensor light came on this afternoon. Thing is I didn't think I even had them. I have the XE with absolutely no packages or addons. Do I have sensors?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
you have them. Have you checked your pressures lately? It could just be a faulty sensor but at the very least check the pressures to make sure everything is fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
You sure do Josh. Sensors are stock in all titans I believe. My CC XE had them for sure so I am pretty sure you would have them as well. Did you check your air pressure???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Yeah, you do. I have the XE trim also, and a couple of weeks after I brought mine home, the alarm chime went off and the indicator in the dash came on. Checked all of my tires (don't bother with the spare) and found one low. Inflated all to 35 PSI and after driving it for a few minutes, the light went out. Funny thing is, I've read on other forum sites that if you change wheels and don't have the sensors reinstalled in the new wheels that the indicator will come on and stay on. I put new alloys on my truck and the indicator has never come on. The new wheels have been on about a month now. BTW, the sensors are mounted on the internal end of your valve stems. I know that the tire store that installed my new wheels and tires didn't put my Nissan valve stems in my new wheels; the stock tires and wheels are in my basement, inflated and ready to go once the snow starts moving in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I have a little trip in the morning so I will check them before leaving.
Thanks guys
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Another thing that just came to mind is it's probably the cooler weather we're having here in the south lately. It will drop your tire pressures considerably. Try 37 to 38psi for your trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Mine chimed and lit-up a couple of weeks ago. I had left my tire pressure gauge in my wife's minivan so I visually checked all the tires and they seemed fine. Next day the warning light was still lit and I checked the tires again and noticed one was a little low. Upon close inspection there was a screw in it causing a slow leak. Tire pressure in it was at 24 psi. Repaired the tire myself and put it at 36 psi. Warning light was off the moment I started the truck. I know the pressure sensor has gone wacky on some people but mine actually did what it was supposed to do. Because I visit demolition, construction, development sites for my job I usually end up with about 4 nails/screws in my tires every year. So having it work correctly means a lot to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
OldSalt said:
Yeah, you do. I have the XE trim also, and a couple of weeks after I brought mine home, the alarm chime went off and the indicator in the dash came on. Checked all of my tires (don't bother with the spare) and found one low. Inflated all to 35 PSI and after driving it for a few minutes, the light went out. Funny thing is, I've read on other forum sites that if you change wheels and don't have the sensors reinstalled in the new wheels that the indicator will come on and stay on. I put new alloys on my truck and the indicator has never come on. The new wheels have been on about a month now. BTW, the sensors are mounted on the internal end of your valve stems. I know that the tire store that installed my new wheels and tires didn't put my Nissan valve stems in my new wheels; the stock tires and wheels are in my basement, inflated and ready to go once the snow starts moving in.
The light never came on when I put my wheels on either, and I thought it would for sure. It did come on the other day while I was out and about, but when I turned off the ignition and restarted the truck it went off. Oh well, just something to fix later on down the road.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well whoda thunk it. LOL The light actually came on because the tire pressure was low. Well I guess mine works. I checked the tire pressure then filled it to correct levels and shazam the light went out.
Good job Nissan you got mine right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
m4ck said:
Well whoda thunk it. LOL The light actually came on because the tire pressure was low. Well I guess mine works. I checked the tire pressure then filled it to correct levels and shazam the light went out.
Good job Nissan you got mine right.
Your turning into a real mechanic now man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
I wish there was a way to re-calibrate them, I run my tires at 35 psi hot, and my light has been coming on a lot lately on the cold morning we have been having, I don't even bother checking the tires anymore when it does it. They are always at about 30 psi when they are cold. I guess I need to just bump up my pressure, hell they had 50 lbs in them the first time I checked it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the manual calls for them to be at 35 lbs. cold minimum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
yeah it does, but I get a little better ride out of them at 35 hot, plus the junk tires that come with the offroad package are rated at 35 MAX
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
NateL said:
yeah it does, but I get a little better ride out of them at 35 hot, plus the junk tires that come with the offroad package are rated at 35 MAX
I would be happy to buy those "junk" tires from you if your going to replace them. I happen to be extremely impressed with the BF Goodrich Tires. Bill is right on the cold setting of your tires. 35 is the cold pressure, I run 37 psi cold in mine just to firm them up a bit because I'm not carrying any kind of load in the truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
I will be replacing them, but I think by the time I do, you won't want them ;-) I've got about 10k miles on them now, I bet I'll have to replace them before I get 20k out of them. Maybe I'm just having bad luck with them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
NateL said:
I will be replacing them, but I think by the time I do, you won't want them ;-) I've got about 10k miles on them now, I bet I'll have to replace them before I get 20k out of them. Maybe I'm just having bad luck with them.
Definitely try airing them up some, it should help the wear rate and the ride. At least give it a shot and let us know how it works for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
JetTech said:
NateL said:
yeah it does, but I get a little better ride out of them at 35 hot, plus the junk tires that come with the offroad package are rated at 35 MAX
I would be happy to buy those "junk" tires from you if your going to replace them. I happen to be extremely impressed with the BF Goodrich Tires. Bill is right on the cold setting of your tires. 35 is the cold pressure, I run 37 psi cold in mine just to firm them up a bit because I'm not carrying any kind of load in the truck.
I love my BFG's. I had BFG's on my lifted Explorer and they were great. I have no complaints with these and if I don't lift my Titan before I need new tires, I will replace these with the exact same BFG's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
I think I might just be expecting too much out of my tires, They need to come out with a mud terrain, that grips good enough to autocross with, is quiet, and lasts 100,000 miles. Then I think I would be happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
NateL said:
I think I might just be expecting too much out of my tires, They need to come out with a mud terrain, that grips good enough to autocross with, is quiet, and lasts 100,000 miles. Then I think I would be happy.
And on what private beach in Hawaii would you like to drive them on??? Would you like lobster tail served to you while you are driving these tires???? How about Miss America to ride along with you(among other things)??? LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
k9mrussell said:
NateL said:
I think I might just be expecting too much out of my tires, They need to come out with a mud terrain, that grips good enough to autocross with, is quiet, and lasts 100,000 miles. Then I think I would be happy.
And on what private beach in Hawaii would you like to drive them on??? Would you like lobster tail served to you while you are driving these tires???? How about Miss America to ride along with you(among other things)??? LOL
Look out gang, K9 is on a roll tonight!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top