Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to post these diagrams and make it a sticky, due to the numerous inquiries about wire colors and schematics of these systems. These diagrams pertain to model years 04 to 05, but might work for later models as well. There are 3 systems- Base, Midline & Premium.

Base System: 4 channel Head Unit with CD player. 2 front channels run to the front door mids, then the dash tweets are passively crossed over from there. 2 rear channels run to the rear doors, and if it's a king cab, the spkrs. are coaxial, if its a crew cab, the spkrs. are set up like the fronts with mids and passively crossed over tweets.

Midline System: 4 channel Head Unit with CD Changer (mp3 compatible). Spkrs. setup same as Base system. Added components include Auxilary-in jack, Satellite radio tuner (optional), rear audio remote control unit (crew cab), & steering wheel audio controls.

Premium System (Rockford Fosgate tuned): 4 channel Head Unit with CD Changer (mp3 compatible). All 4 channels output to an external amplifier, then 6 channels run from the amp to the 8 spkrs. The signals are actively crossed over within the amp's circuitry. The 2 front channels are crossed over to 2 mids (2 ohm) and 2 tweets (4 ohm) then run out to the drivers. The center spkr. (4 ohm) is run off the + of the left tweet and - of the right tweet inside the amp. The 2 rear channels run directly to the rear doors (2 ohm), and are passively crossed like base and mid-line systems (for crew or king cab respectively), and 2 channels are bridged to a Dual voice coil 4 ohm subwoofer. All the mid-line added components are included as well.

Base System:

Attachments

Reactions: AgTitan06

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Midline System:

Midline System:

Attachments

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Premium System:

Premium System:

Attachments

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Premium System:

Premium System (continued):

Attachments

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DVD System

DVD System:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
In the DVD System wiring diagram, fifth diagram from the left you can see where to wire in your after market DVD system to utilize your "DVD" button on the faceplate of your RF system.

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Remove the ends from a set of rca's, pin them into the plug and you are riding factory. Plug M46 34 thru 37

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
Bodean said:
In the DVD System wiring diagram, fifth diagram from the left you can see where to wire in your after market DVD system to utilize your "DVD" button on the faceplate of your RF system.

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Remove the ends from a set of rca's, pin them into the plug and you are riding factory. Plug M46 34 thru 37
This is what the plug look like under the shift console.
Photo courtesy of llajumpvid

NOTE: Some Non-RF system have this plug, some don't. If that's the case you can tap into the back of the HU itself.

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bodean said:

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Better yet, use a speaker level to rca adapter wire, and solder some pins to the spkr. wire ends, and plug them in. Cleaner and easier.

·
Registered
397 Posts
big problems

I need some help guys. I am trying to install a nav /video harness. The system is from gnet incorporated. I got the rear view camera working and everything seems to be going fine then all of a sudden i smell smoke and the radio goes out and the cd player stops playing. Well I can hear music comming from the subwoofer but no where else. And the sound is not clear it very bassy sounding. So i noticed that the rear door speaker was humming. so i took the panel off and disconnected the speaker. I have a constant 10-11 volts on one of the wires. Im taking a guess here but i think i may have taken out my amplifier. This is all stock by the way. navigation dvd an cd changer. You guys got any ideas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
How does it know? CD/DVD button

Bodean said:

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

I understand adding the Audio inputs from RCA into pins 34 - 37
but what tells my head unit NOT to play the cd's and play the DVD instead??

Do I hook up the remote out to #39 FES ENABLE ???
What is FES ENABLE # 39
and what is AUDIO ON #40?

Currently I'm running my RCA into the AUX input but I'd like to use the CD/DVD button instead.

Also... where exactly is the plug located? Behind the head unit or down by the tuner??

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
firefighter0763 said:
I understand adding the Audio inputs from RCA into pins 34 - 37
but what tells my head unit NOT to play the cd's and play the DVD instead??

Do I hook up the remote out to #39 FES ENABLE ???
What is FES ENABLE # 39
and what is AUDIO ON #40?

Currently I'm running my RCA into the AUX input but I'd like to use the CD/DVD button instead.

Also... where exactly is the plug located? Behind the head unit or down by the tuner??
Your factory head unit will not play DVD. This mod is for you to hook up an after market DVD player to the factory head unit.
FES enable, just tell your head unit you have a DVD player hook up to it. That's why the head unit will not diplay DVD until you have the FES Enable wires connected.
If you have a DVD button on your head unit you hit that button and it goes into DVD mode, if not you can use the steering wheel control to scroll through until you get to DVD.
Llajumpvid did a real good how to write up.
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196

If you have any other question feel free to PM me.:D

·
Registered
637 Posts
hey

Midline System: 4 channel Head Unit with CD Changer (mp3 compatible). Spkrs. setup same as Base system. Added components include Auxilary-in jack, Satellite radio tuner (optional), rear audio remote control unit (crew cab), & steering wheel audio controls.

i think i have this one, i do have a CD Changer (mp3 compatible),Auxilary-in jack,and Satellite radio tuner but do not have rear audio remote control unit (crew cab)i have a CC, & steering wheel audio controls

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
The original post mentioned these are '04 and '05 schematics. When did they become MP3 compatible? I thought that didn't come online for the Titans until the '06 model year.

Red

·
Registered
3 Posts
a real head scrathcer

ok titan people, heres a real scratcher for ya, i have a 04 titan cc that i had a 6 disc in, ive taken it out and installed a kenwwood system w flip screen and 2 12" 800 watt woofers with a 1000 watt amp. sound awesome!!! i also have an 05 silverado cc that has the crappy factory stereo. i want to install the nissan 6disk in the chevy. the question is how? what wires on the back of the nissan stereo go to what? im pretty sure ive figured out the speaker wires and the aux input, and the power, but what does all the othere wires go to? can any one answer this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
where would i be able to fine the VSS wire? i have a 2010 titan SE CC. i will refence these diargrams an compare to whats in my vehicle for my AVIC z110bt install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts