Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some thoughts on camper tops such as Leer, Snug Top and ARE. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
54 Posts
well..........................

I have a cap and camper only I pull mine.
26' amercamp super slideout. 6000lbs empty.
Titan pulls it great but only gets 7.5 to 8.5 MPG while pulling
God bless
Greg from Mi.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just went to a local show today. They had most all the manufactures there. Leer has a neat top with full length frameless glass and keyless entry I really like it. ARE has a nice top also same features. (Im not sure if I want a cap or a tonneau they are almost the same price). I was looking at Jason also I had one of their caps before and I really liked it. The thing I dont like about all caps is visibility it just makes the truck harder to drive expecially off road or parking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Modless - thanks for the feedback. By any chance do you have model numbers on those camper tops by ARE and Leer? Houston dealers have told me that the only availabe models are:
Leer: - 100R
ARE: Z, CX, and Mpulse

Thanks again,
Tom

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've had 2 A.R.E. They were both good caps.

1st one was fiberglass on a fullsize Dodge. Looked super, heavy as lead.

2nd one was black aluminum on a Dakota. Lightweight, looked OK. ordered it with racks that integrated nicely. I used it to camp. When it rained, every drop sounded like a bomb going off in my head. Impossible to sleep with even a slight drizzle. It developed small leaks around certain seams that had to be tracked down. I used the kids' smoke bombs for this. I just sold it.

If you plan on keeping it on I recommend fiberglass cuz they look a lot nicer. Also get the dual rear locking handles as the rods are shorter and sturdier than the single center handle that will flex and pop out of the lockholes if pulled on moderately. The 6" raise also looks nice and the extra height comes in handy. If you put a light inside you may want to wire it to the cargo lamp.

With how much I take it on/off, the aluminum is the better choice for me, but I hate to put it on just yet. I may not ever put anything on this one.

GoodLuck Tom,

Chief

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Leer co says to go to their web site www.leer.com for the Nissan fitment it looks like the 100r is avalible now with others to follow. ARe I like the Z series nice tight fit to the cab. I talked to the Jason rep and it sounds like new models are here mid March. They offered me a loner until the model I want comes into town. I have owned Jason and Leer in the past and both are good caps. I am going to The Jason Dealer tomorrow to look at pricing. They are having a truck load sale that is about $150 off the price I just have to wait a while to get it which is ok with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts