Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a "new" 04 titan xe king cab and i would like to no what kind of aftermarket exhausts exist and what are the best and if possible prices. worse comes to worse i no alot of ppl in the area that could make me a custom exhaust but i would rather havea an aftermarket catback dual prefered system...
thanks
josh
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
If I ever get my truck back, I will also be doing a pretty extensive test/review on Gibsons' new 3" Stainless single. I am supposed to have it by Friday, so testing will start next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
JBA has a cat back exhaust system for the Titan for $311.40. If you go to www.jbaheaders.com and click the Titan at the bottom of the page(can't miss it/its air bourne), they have sound clips of the jba exhaust and header combination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i have looked at that before and i thinks its not that bad... it sounds good, not too zinker can like the little ricers everywhere but at the same time noticable different from the normal american flowmaster sound. kinda in a leage of its own. and i also no banks makes one but its 500+ and i dont no if i like how it sounds that much. if anyone has some more sounds clips of the banks exhaust that would be great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
BiXLL said:
If I ever get my truck back, I will also be doing a pretty extensive test/review on Gibsons' new 3" Stainless single. I am supposed to have it by Friday, so testing will start next week.
I thought that was a 2.5 inch system? :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
Endurance4life said:
JBA has a cat back exhaust system for the Titan for $311.40. If you go to www.jbaheaders.com and click the Titan at the bottom of the page(can't miss it/its air bourne), they have sound clips of the jba exhaust and header combination.
Not knockin anyone who really likes this system....but there are several members at TT that aren't happy with the JBA system, and it seems their customer support is lousy. I think someone mentioned JBA was redesigning the system, though, so maybe it will be better than previous version. Just a heads up.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
[quote="RockyMtnTitan

Not knockin anyone who really likes this system....but there are several members at TT that aren't happy with the JBA system, and it seems their customer support is lousy. I think someone mentioned JBA was redesigning the system, though, so maybe it will be better than previous version. Just a heads up.

Steve[/quote]

Ive also heard these jba headers are junk with no real power gain and there not a bolt on, but I was browsing ebay and i think i found the new redesigned version with a bolt up flange welded on the end and O2 sensor holes in it. unless it was a pic for a diferent set of headers, but they looked like they were for our aluminum heads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
ensclark said:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/17406.html

Flowmaster as a great set up too. It's a set up a few have and love. I have to say I think I will be going this way. Something else for my Christmas list
Great post. I knew they were coming out with Cat Back system but I didn't know when. Glad to see them get into the game. I have the flowmaster 50 series dual in dual out. But mine is custom system. This would probably be much better than what I have. Only thing is its kinda steep in price. I paid 350 for my system installed. This cat back is almost twice that.
thanks for posting though.
M4ck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
flowmaster system 660 bucks ouch, a bit steep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
The only thing I can see is that its mandrel bent and gives you both side and rear options. I would think it's stainless also. Now a bolt on with out having to get someone to bend the pipes and the flowmaster would be nice. I'm not sure if all that is worth the price but they seem to have done the homework on it. Most others I've seen have been in the 500s for theirs. I think I will still wait to see if the price drops some but have to say I think I will go with this one. Eveyone I've talked to with the flowmaster loves it on their truck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
No doubt I love my FlowMaster exhaust. The shop used mandrel bent pipes and everything just like I wanted. I would like to see what the difference is that is making it cost over 300 more than custom installation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Lets hope it's a test price and the idea is to discount it or drop the price through local shops. Well I can dream still. :roll:
Maybe one of the sponsors could get us a deal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
m4ck said:
No doubt I love my FlowMaster exhaust. The shop used mandrel bent pipes and everything just like I wanted. I would like to see what the difference is that is making it cost over 300 more than custom installation.
I called a local shop in Baltimore, Md. today about installing FlowMaster system. They quoted me 499.99 installed for a custom 50 series. Is this a good price? The other system I'm looking at is the Gibson stainless side mount. Opinions?

By the way first post here of many on the forum!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
Welcome aboard FBlade. I have a custom Flowmaster 50 series Dual in Dual out setup. What were you thinking of going with single in/out dual in/out single in dual out. The more tubing they have to bend the higher it will be. As for my setup I paid 350 for everything parts, mandrel bent pipes, Chrom tips, labor. They did a great job and I have gotten nothing but compliments. Let us know exactly what you are wanting. Ask them what they are charging for the muffler itself. You can get most of the Flowmaster mufflers or about 110 at www.summitracing.com hope this helps a little. Any more info you can provide will help.

m4ck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dunno about other states, but alot of times you can get brand new parts and pieces at car shows. for instance at the turkey rod run down here in Daytona Beach (FL) you can pick up a flowmaster muffler for like $80 or so. might be the same in other states too, then just have the shop do the bends and labor and save $30-60.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anyone here ever hear of a company called CALMINI that makes an exhaust for the titan? if so are they good, bad, or what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
m4ck said:
Welcome aboard FBlade. I have a custom Flowmaster 50 series Dual in Dual out setup. What were you thinking of going with single in/out dual in/out single in dual out. The more tubing they have to bend the higher it will be. As for my setup I paid 350 for everything parts, mandrel bent pipes, Chrom tips, labor. They did a great job and I have gotten nothing but compliments. Let us know exactly what you are wanting. Ask them what they are charging for the muffler itself. You can get most of the Flowmaster mufflers or about 110 at www.summitracing.com hope this helps a little. Any more info you can provide will help.

Thanks for the info! I went to the shop today and almost had the system installed. What stopped me was they had to do some cutting and welding for the new system to be installed. I just got burned when I traded my 350z in for the Titan because I had an aftermarket system (Borla) on the z which lowered the value. I need a system that I can take off easily in case I sell it. Anyway they were going to install a duel system from the muffler back, passenger side duel tips, Flow master, price= 499.99 + tax. Seems a bit higher they you paid. It would cost 100.00 for them to change back to the original if I wanted to trade it in. I eventually will do some sore of exhaust system but in the meantime I took the money and purchased a Garmin Streetpilot 2620. I'll post pics when I mount it and give a review.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top