Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Titan down the track tonight for the first and most likely the only time and turned a 14.9. The truck is stock with the factory Goodyears so could this be luck or a factory freek? Just wondering what everybody else is getting stock or mods and opinions. But very happy for the first time.:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That seems awfully good! I 'm a 06, only run a 14.599 with mods listed. You off to a great start. VVT is a big deal. ;)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
A stock 2008 running 14.9 is very good. My 05's first few runs with the air box mod and Magnaflow muffler swap were in the 15.3-15.5 range. Learn what density altitude (DA) means, add a CAI, muffler swap and hand-held tuner, and you should easily be in the mid 14 range. If you have a 4x4, launch in 4-hi and you will run ~14.2-14.4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mods at all launched in normal drive in two wheel drive. If I would have left in 4 wheel drive it might have went lower time.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That seems awfully good! I 'm a 06, only run a 14.599 with mods listed. You off to a great start. VVT is a big deal. ;)
There must be something wrong with your truck then. Sudden Urge has basically the same mods as you except for headers and Uprev and he's within .10 of your time at the track. That doesn't seem right. You got headers and Uprev which should add quite a bit. I know VVT adds a little, but the '07+ also have a revised intake manifold, better exhaust (no Y-pipe) and slightly better fueling (FFV injectors and fuel system). Something doesn't seem right here.

I guess seeing the MPH at the end of the run will tell the whole story.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
wouldn't weather conditions play a roll there mike? i just curious. maybe it was a cooler night than norm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The night I made this run was a nice night, about 75 and fairly dry air. I have heard of elevation afecting times as well but I'm not sure how much it would afect street vehicals even highly moded, but I'm guessing it would make some differance.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
My 2006 ran 14.97 stock.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
There must be something wrong with your truck then. Sudden Urge has basically the same mods as you except for headers and Uprev and he's within .10 of your time at the track. That doesn't seem right. You got headers and Uprev which should add quite a bit. I know VVT adds a little, but the '07+ also have a revised intake manifold, better exhaust (no Y-pipe) and slightly better fueling (FFV injectors and fuel system). Something doesn't seem right here.

I guess seeing the MPH at the end of the run will tell the whole story.
Nothing really "wrong". I do still have factory Cats. They will be gone sometime in the future as I'm past 80K, and can modify Cats legally now. It seems well tuned by UpRev and touched up on Dyno locally by a Pro Tuner. I haven't been since my last tune. I certainly do hope to knock a few tenths more off. I'll be taking one or two more shots at it in the fall or next Spring. It would help if I stripped some of the excess stuff mounted throughout the truck, it weighs in at bit high. I'm BT CC and ~200# heavier. 200# = 2/10ths. Wish I still had the LSD that was in my old 06 axle, I would expect to hit 13.0-14.2. I only got to use the LSD and Dr's one or two times. But when I had the TT and the DR's; it ran 15.0 in 106*F ambient temp., beating a well known Supercharged Titan (who had big tires though). At one time, I was 8th on the list here on CT, so feel the basic engine itself is fine. Check 04titanss, he did awful good, with no tuning!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Good time indeed. stock I ran 15.8 now its much faster and 100mph at the 1320. But its taken years of R&D to get there. So nice to see Nissan making the improvements. Cant wait for that cummings 4L I might have to buy another T.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The Cummins will be a 2.8L from what I read, similar to a European Cummins that we never see. That is what Cummins/Nissan/EPA is developing. They do make 3.9 and 5.9 here of course. Maybe a larger Cummins will be used for the NV2500/3500? I got to look at them for a few minutes yesterday. I notice even the 1500 series, uses an 8 Bolt Axle, with a 3.36 Ratio & 4.0L 6 Cylinder, and a 3.54 on the 3500HD & 5.6L V8. May be interesting to see if that bolts onto a Titan. I don't know off hand where that places the 3/4 shift point. Off-Roaders may like it, if it is an easy swap from a junkyard van. But, that is for another thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts