Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I own an 04 Nissan Titan no mods just plain, for now. Recently when i drive for a while the and go to step on it to pass someone slower the truck seems to jerk the RPM's go up and down. And sometimes just dies out on me. does anyone know why this is or what to look at..

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Have you done the recall to replace the ECM relay in the IPDM? That is the first thing to check.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Given the age of the truck, a plug wire might be the problem. Plug in a code reader and see what comes back. Please let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the recall done and repaired, and everytime it goes onto the code reader it says that a module in the ipdm is bad but it has already been fixed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the recall done and repaired, and everytime it goes onto the code reader it says that a module in the ipdm is bad but it has already been fixed

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
What is the code?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Given the age of the truck, a plug wire might be the problem. Plug in a code reader and see what comes back. Please let us know.
That probably isn't the problem since there are no plug wires :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've got to take the engine cover off and give it a good look! Sorry about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It drives fine for awhile, and about after an hour or so of travel. If i go to pass someone it seems as if its starving for fuel, or the transmission is missing its shift, Something isnt right at all. and im on a very limited budget... any thing to look for or at would be a great help..

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
1. Low fuel pressure due to a bad fuel pump. Does the truck run better when the tank is full?
2. Clogged cats.
3. The fuel strainer is part of the fuel pump assembly, inside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same thing here. After been driven for hours. Engine hesitate over 3000 rpm after kickdown. Got balls between idle and 3000 tho.

If it was a cat or fuel flow issue, it would be all the time, not once in a while? Trip to the dealership is in order tomorrow. Relay was replaced recently. I'm off to make somes pull to see if it happen again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
code P0303

My engine started missing to as of last week. Bad gas? I refueled with high test and problem is still there. Engine light comes on too. I put the code scanner on it and I see a cylinder 3 misfire. Has anyone seen this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I own an 04 Nissan Titan no mods just plain, for now. Recently when i drive for a while the and go to step on it to pass someone slower the truck seems to jerk the RPM's go up and down. And sometimes just dies out on me. does anyone know why this is or what to look at..

I recently bought a 04 without checking the truck out just handed over my savings. This was in August. I've not gotten to drive this truck more than a few days since. Radiator cracked. Water pump was replaced with the rad just bc.

it started this jeering jumping slipping starving by right after I went for The Cats being plugged obviously, so i punched them out. Still issues. Have you got a solution i could try????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts