Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK
Found a Titan finally that I am looking at picking up. Havent test drove it yet, but everything seems on the up and up. The seller the only odd thing is there is a popping noise from the torque convertor area. He had a mechanic friend of his check it out and he was told that its like a $36 part that needs to be replaced and it will take care of it. Has anyone ran into an issue like this at all?
Its a 2007 SE 4x4.
If its something that is major, I could change it out. I just dont want to buy something I think is a good deal then be suckered out here in a couple months to find its like a $5000 fix. I have changed out TC's before and do not know of any bracket, granted it was on a Toyota Supra but in general cars are cars

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i cant think of anything in the bell housing area that would make a "pop" sound. maybe a chatter or clank sound because the torque converter is loose or/and not torqued correctly. sounds have a funny way of traveling places. you will need to give some more characteristics. what are you doing when it happens? can u feel it? is it intermittent or predictable? etc...

there is a lot of people on here that have pop sounds that come from the front U joint (TSB btw), front/rear diff, ball joints, and shocks/struts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply
the seller ended up selling it out from under me when he committed to selling it to me
oh well the search still goes on

·
Registered
334 Posts
you got lucky, popping sound ain't good,when I heard that it was a rebuilt rearend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts