Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Titan without the receiver hitch. Now that I need it, I was wondering what you all would suggest to install. Should I let the Nissan Dealership install the OE hitch, or is there a better aftermarket tow hitch. I also need the wiring assembly. Thanks in advance for your help! joe

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
depends on what you want to pay. The oem Class 4 hitch is pretty pricey, especially installed @ a dealership. If you have a Uhaul office near you you can go there and they will install one of their class 3s for about 130 if I remember right. Or you canbuy a curt for about that too.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Too bad you aren't closer. I still have the Curt class 3 hitch (no wiring) from my first Titan sitting in my garage. I want to get rid of it and would be willing to part with it for about $75. Shipping would be brutal though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Titan didn't come with the tow package so I picked up an OEM hitch from one of the sponsors here for about $220 shipped. Came with all of the relays needed for trailer lights. Very easy install. Only thing I may need down the road is the trailer brake hookup.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not really familiar with the weights, but I plan on just towing a trailer with about 3-4 four wheelers on it. Class 3 should be fine right?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I put mine on myself for around $150 if I remember right.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I got mine at Uhaul for like 180 installed with wiring and relays. The light connection is a 7 pin and 4 pin. It has a life time warranty on it too. The guy was like "If someone rear ends you and messes it up we will put a new one on for free" which is nice, but if that was to happen my hitch I think I would be more worried about my truck. Oh and for $10 more you can get a 2 or 3 year warranty on the wiring too. I think it look better than the stock hitch too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Remember to get the towing relays so your lights will work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Towing Relays

Do you need to go to the dealer for these or are they available other places? How much do they cost?I installed a Curt hitch and it went on very quickly with no problems. Didn't realize that you needed relays.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Uhaul should have the relays and I don't remember them coasting much. I'm sure its cheaper than the dealer. By the way there are 3 relays that you need and they plug in at the fuse box under the hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts