Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, somebody help me out. I own a 2018 Titan XD and sometimes when I start it, the engine just sputters, like it didn’t start all the way. Usually I can just shut it off and restart it and it’s fine. Also, sometimes it will start a little rough but stay running but when I accelerate it just bogs down and won’t accelerate. Anyone having this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright, somebody help me out. I own a 2018 Titan XD and sometimes when I start it, the engine just sputters, like it didn’t start all the way. Usually I can just shut it off and restart it and it’s fine. Also, sometimes it will start a little rough but stay running but when I accelerate it just bogs down and won’t accelerate. Anyone having this issue?
[/QUOT

Always start simple and don't jump to conclusions. Hesitation is usually a problem between fuel or ignition. Rarely both but it's wise to start in the cheapest place. A clogged fuel filter will cause a restriction under load. Try that and see. Next place and also very likely are spark plugs and proper gap. Can't tell you how many vehicles ive worked on where the owner swore they needed a fuel pump but had never changed the plugs for the life of the vehicle 🤦 after that move to coil packs, then their connectors, then fuel pump. If you keep to that order you'll be likely to solve your problem fairly cheaply and quickly. 👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts