Nissan Titan Forum banner

Took the T in today....

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dustin103 
#1 ·
...Now I am in a rental. From my last post (with the display tripping out when it was cold) I changed my tune back to stock and took my truck to the Nissan dealership where I used to work. After showing a few of the techs the video I took on my phone (also the one I posted on here) and told them what a few of you guys told me about the ECU or a bad solder I get a phone call saying its a bad cluster, they have to order a new one, wont be done til Tuesday. And I cant drive it because it is supposed to be set to the correct mileage. What I dont understand, and I just thought of while I was typing this, If I have been driving with a bad cluster for two weeks and it has been keeping the mileage, what did they do to where I cant drive now? Anybody have any insight on this before I call and questions? Id like to be more knowledgeable on the subject before I call. Thanks

#2 ·
At least my rental is an 08 Frontier and not some little weenie car. I guess I should be happy for that. And it was used as a work truck...time for some offroading! haha

#3 ·
they are probably sending the new cluster preset to the mileage your truck has. if you drive it, it ill change and the new cluster will not be correct.

I had a frontier for a loaner once. king cab, base model, 4cyl. you did NOT get in a hurry in that truck...

#4 ·
I would ask how it did....because it might just be the display that was not working not the "thing" that counts the mileage (whatever that thing is) yah know.
so "I" would think it keeps the mileage. .you just wont have the display

#5 ·
Mileage is stored in the cluster. They have to record the mileage when they order the new one since it is pre-set from the factory. If you keep driving the truck with the old cluster, the mileage would be off and they legally can't swap the clusters without other paperwork and etc.....

The good part that that they gave you a rental and it was a real rental compared to a civic or something small like that.

#7 ·
That is exactly why I love this forum. You guys always teach me something new. Thanks guys! And yes, you dont know how happy I was that they had something decent to drive. It was either a Frontier or a Buick Aurora or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.