Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the tool I got to remove the fuel line from the manifold won't work. The metal's too thick around diameter of sleeve, so the obstacle of the crimp ring in front of the cone connector prevents the halves from going into the cone. I'm taking it back and getting the Nissan tool. The sleeve halves look to be much thinner in gauge. I wanted to install the fuel vapor enhancer eco 2, since I finally got a day over 40 deg. but it'll have to wait til I get the tool. The part number is J-45488 if anybody's interested.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Post a picture when you get it on. I am interested in the #2 so let me know what type of mileage gains you get.

·
Registered
489 Posts
BiXLL said:
I thought we needed the #3 for our Titans??? Blue, are you saying we MUST have this tool to install the ECO?
i have heard of others using just the fuel line removerthat you can buy at any old parts store..... i bought the eco 3 from the group buy and am expecting it soon.....should i go buy this tool instead??? and just take back the tool that was shown in th thread...?????

·
Registered
446 Posts
The metal tools don't work for the reason that the initial poster mentioned. I borrowed Baseballfanz plastic tool that he got from hi/lo autoparts I believe. I bought two different ones from Autozone and neither would work. The plastic ones flex enough to get over the bulge and fit into the connector.

The #2 will work for the Titan/Armada but just won't do as good as the #3 per my email conversation with ECO. I am going to try the #2 for a while and see what I get in comparison to the #3's and then decide if the the extra mpg the #3 gives is worth the $90 extra.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
You should be able to order it through their parts department or from a local mac dealer. They will have the equivalent.

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll try another auto store before I pay some astronomical amount through Nissan. If I can find one with less thickness in the sleeve halves it should probably work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got off the phone with Tech Mate and they want $50 for the Quick release tool. There has got to be a better alternative than this. Has anybody else got anything to work?

·
Registered
489 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Hi/Lo O'Reily is a chain of autoparts store here in Houston. I'm sure what ever local autoparts place in your area will carry the tool.
whats the exact part name if u dont mind...i have the...OEM Industrial... sizes E=3/8" and F=5/16" any ideas if it will work???...or is this what you guys bought and didnt work???...also any iea how long i should let m truck sit before disconnecting the hose....anyone no were the instructions were to it...sorry lost em were they earlier in this thread?????

Attachments

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried a set similar to BaseballFanz, still can't get the sleeve in far enough to release the catches due to that confounded crimp bulge preventing the sleeve from closing around the line far enough to push it in. I ruined both the 3/8 and 5/16 sleeves. They're only cheap plastic. I even cut the sleeves into 2 halves and tried to fit them that way. It ain't happenin'. I'm stumped. I'm sure not paying $50 to techmate. My dealer sells zero tools. I'm thinking of trying a pen clip, you know the kind that wraps around the pen with a metal band. That way I can spread the band around the line and then push it in with the attached pen clip. I'm runnin'out of ideas. C'mon Titan tech gurus, chime in with some ideas!!!
:beating: :crying:

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
**** used that same tool and it worked for him. I let my truck sit for 3 hours with the gas cap removed. Once I got it off only about 2 drops of gas came out. Just get that tool in as far as it will go, and at the same time pull on the gas line.
Here's the other thread
http://clubtitan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12013

·
Registered
446 Posts
Rudebrewedandtattooed88 said:
baseballfanz said:
Hi/Lo O'Reily is a chain of autoparts store here in Houston. I'm sure what ever local autoparts place in your area will carry the tool.
whats the exact part name if u dont mind...i have the...OEM Industrial... sizes E=3/8" and F=5/16" any ideas if it will work???...or is this what you guys bought and didnt work???...also any iea how long i should let m truck sit before disconnecting the hose....anyone no were the instructions were to it...sorry lost em were they earlier in this thread?????
That tool definately won't work. It took me a little bit to get the ears on the tool Baseballfanz lent me in far enough. Just work in as much as you can without forcing it. Then push the hose as far forward as you can and then push on the tool you should feel it snap a little when its released.

·
Registered
753 Posts
baseballfanz said:
One post above yours, $10 from Hi/Lo for the whole set. Only the 3/8 is needed. :lol:
Good info, thanks baseball fanz.

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, i think i'll have it licked this time. I took the cap of a Sharpie marker, and the open end is about 1/2" in diameter. The closed end tapers to a dull point. I snipped off the clip, then shaved it flat with a utility knife. Then I cut the tip off at a spot that yielded a 3/8" diameter, then I sliced it down the length in order to be able to open it up and wrap it around the fuel line. Because the wider diameter is 1/2", it should clear the bulge in the line and where it tapers down to 3/8" will be on the connector side of the line, so hopefully it should just slide right into the hole (no K/Y needed). I won't get to try it out until tomorrow after work. If I have success, I will post to that effect.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts