Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
Blue_Water_Rush said:
OK, i think i'll have it licked this time. I took the cap of a Sharpie marker, and the open end is about 1/2" in diameter. The closed end tapers to a dull point. I snipped off the clip, then shaved it flat with a utility knife. Then I cut the tip off at a spot that yielded a 3/8" diameter, then I sliced it down the length in order to be able to open it up and wrap it around the fuel line. Because the wider diameter is 1/2", it should clear the bulge in the line and where it tapers down to 3/8" will be on the connector side of the line, so hopefully it should just slide right into the hole (no K/Y needed). I won't get to try it out until tomorrow after work. If I have success, I will post to that effect.
I hope it work for you. I tried the Sharpie first but did not work for me, that's why I went out and got the tools. The Sharpie seems to fit inside the hose OK, just too soft and keep bending.

·
Registered
446 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Blue_Water_Rush said:
OK, i think i'll have it licked this time. I took the cap of a Sharpie marker, and the open end is about 1/2" in diameter. The closed end tapers to a dull point. I snipped off the clip, then shaved it flat with a utility knife. Then I cut the tip off at a spot that yielded a 3/8" diameter, then I sliced it down the length in order to be able to open it up and wrap it around the fuel line. Because the wider diameter is 1/2", it should clear the bulge in the line and where it tapers down to 3/8" will be on the connector side of the line, so hopefully it should just slide right into the hole (no K/Y needed). I won't get to try it out until tomorrow after work. If I have success, I will post to that effect.
I hope it work for you. I tried the Sharpie first but did not work for me, that's why I went out and got the tools. The Sharpie seems to fit inside the hose OK, just too soft and keep bending.
Ditto. I also cut up the plastic lid from a DVD spindel, the DVD spindel, a water bottle and some plastic cap I found in the garage.

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Success finally! but at the expense of my engine cover. I fabbed the afore-mentioned tool I talked about and at 7:30 this morning got-r-dun. It was harder than usual to get the engine cover out of the rubber plugs (most likely due to the 28 deg. air temp), but once i brok'er loose, I brok'er for real.
Oh well, at least the eco's on. I found a place to get a new cover, will cost around $34.00 plus shipping, and at least I don't have to buy the whole assembly, just the cover itself, and retro-fit the parts that are good (bracket, hamburger, grommets & bolts). That plastic was so brittle from the cold it ripped apart like a cheap suit.

Anyone wanting to make this tool, just read the caption above the pic below. I wonder how long these eco things last. Anyone have a clue?

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just put mine on with a similiar tool that Baseballfanz used. I can see how the metal tools wont work on our fuel lines due to that weird lip. I didn't wait long after I got home either. I got home, pulled the gas cap off, changed, then went out to work. With such little time I only lost about a tablespoon of gas. It took me about 10 minutes with no problems. Time to fill up the gas tank and do a fuel check!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Blue_Water_Rush said:
Success finally! but at the expense of my engine cover. I fabbed the afore-mentioned tool I talked about and at 7:30 this morning got-r-dun. It was harder than usual to get the engine cover out of the rubber plugs (most likely due to the 28 deg. air temp), but once i brok'er loose, I brok'er for real.
Oh well, at least the eco's on. I found a place to get a new cover, will cost around $34.00 plus shipping, and at least I don't have to buy the whole assembly, just the cover itself, and retro-fit the parts that are good (bracket, hamburger, grommets & bolts). That plastic was so brittle from the cold it ripped apart like a cheap suit.

Anyone wanting to make this tool, just read the caption above the pic below. I wonder how long these eco things last. Anyone have a clue?
Now that is great imagination, and inginuity,
and like you said Got-R-Done!
Great install! Really looks Good! I am truly sorry about your cover though. PLEASE CHECK YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS O.K.
As for the longevity, on an accelerated test that we ran they told us it has a 40 year life expectancy.
I'll be 91. You may not want to call me then and ask questions???????
I probably won't hear the phone!
Ben

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I put mine on I spent more time going back to exchange and buy new tools. None of which worked. I finally went to the Nissan dealer and borrowed one from the tech, went to the parking lot and had it on in 5 min.

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ECOTAZ said:
Great install! Really looks Good! I am truly sorry about your cover though. PLEASE CHECK YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS O.K.
As for the longevity, on an accelerated test that we ran they told us it has a 40 year life expectancy.
Ben
I am speechless. Thank you very much for that kind gesture. You have my utmost respect and admiration. You will definitely have more customers buying your products. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to obtain new business, and my mouth will be singing your praises always. Its true in my business as well, and a satisfied customer is always our goal. You have a customer here who is not only satisfied but tickled pink.

Thanks again, Nick P.
:urock:

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
Blue_Water_Rush said:
ECOTAZ said:
Ben
I am speechless. Thank you very much for that kind gesture. You have my utmost respect and admiration. You will definitely have more customers buying your products. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to obtain new business, and my mouth will be singing your praises always. Its true in my business as well, and a satisfied customer is always our goal. You have a customer here who is not only satisfied but tickled pink.

Thanks again, Nick P.
:urock:
I take it that it has something to do with your broken cover. :D

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
baseballfanz said:
I take it that it has something to do with your broken cover.
Yeah, get this. Ben from eco systems must have read my post and saw that I trashed my engine cover during the install of his product, so he credited my account for the value of the engine cover! Now I get a new cover for free. Woohoo! Now thats going the extra mile for your customer. I have already recommended his fuel vapor pressure enhancers to at least 5 people. Big up to Ben!
:excellent:

·
Registered
489 Posts
thats great now thats a great Retailer and just a good all around company.....but you guys are killing me with this tool thin...i got mine i think monday but havent had the light of day or time to throw it on....i have a feeling im gonna kill myself this weekend trying toget it on..lmao

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rudebrewedandtattooed88 said:
thats great now thats a great Retailer and just a good all around company.....but you guys are killing me with this tool thin...i got mine i think monday but havent had the light of day or time to throw it on....i have a feeling im gonna kill myself this weekend trying toget it on..lmao
If you get really worried, you can stop by the service dept. of your dealership or a pretty up to date service center and ask them if they have the tool to disconnect your fuel line. Once they disconnect it then you can take it from there. Slip the male part of the unit into the fuel line, the female onto the injection rail and tie strap it securely, start the engine and check to make sure there are no leaks.
We are looking to see if we can find a plastic quick disconnect tool that we can include with each unit.
If anyone hears of such a prize please let me know.
Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Rush for thinking! This worked for me. Used dremel disc to cut the Sharpie cap where the clip is attached and made the piece about an inch long, slit lengthwise. Tried every Autozone and Harbor Freight kits with no success. Thanks!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts