Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a brand new member to the forum and have recently picked up a brand new 2010 Nissan Titan Pro-4x Crew Cab. Love the truck!

So, my question is--what would be the priority list for performance upgrades to get the most out of the Titan's already inspiring engine without having to tear into the motor itself?

1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???

I'm sure there is a TON of stuff out there--love to know what's the preceived best and easiest one-two-three in getting more power and torque without breaking the bank!

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
1. A Tune. Uprev is the best but also the most expensive. The superchip and bulldog programmers also do wonders.
2. Catback exhaust with either JBA or Magnaflow muffler.
3. a Cold air intake system. Nismo, AEM, and S&B are the most popular.
4. Doug Thorley, OBX, or Stillen longtube headers. There are also the JBA shorty headers.
5. Detroit TruTrac

You may also want to get the Transgo shift kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. A Tune. Uprev is the best but also the most expensive. The superchip and bulldog programmers also do wonders.
2. Catback exhaust with either JBA or Magnaflow muffler.
3. a Cold air intake system. Nismo, AEM, and S&B are the most popular.
4. Doug Thorley, OBX, or Stillen longtube headers. There are also the JBA shorty headers.
5. Detroit TruTrac

You may also want to get the Transgo shift kit.
Thanks for the response--I've decided to:

1. Install the Magnaflow cat back exhaust--2x 2 1/2" in and a single 3" out with a 24" Fat Body Magnaflow to reduce some of the drone (getting that installed today)
2. I have ordered a Volant CAI and should see that a few days. (Volant seemed to have the best encasement for a true cold air intake and S&B does not make a CAI for the 2010 model Titan--which I found odd...) Purchased that from AutoAnything.com--no tax, 10% off, and free ship!
3. Finally, the Bully Dog little Pup for the Nissan Titan--I will run 91 octane once my project is complete which is suppose to give me the best boost in overall HP and Torque. Purchased that from burtmanindustries.com--on sale for $339 (no tax and only $10 to ship)

All said and done and after a ton of research and a little work, I will gain 51hp and 46lb of torque. Not bad for just over a grand! :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

1. Install the Magnaflow cat back exhaust--2x 2 1/2" in and a single 3" out with a 24" Fat Body Magnaflow to reduce some of the drone (getting that installed today)
2. I have ordered a Volant CAI and should see that a few days. (Volant seemed to have the best encasement for a true cold air intake and S&B does not make a CAI for the 2010 model Titan--which I found odd...) Purchased that from AutoAnything.com--no tax, 10% off, and free ship!
3. Finally, the Bully Dog little Pup for the Nissan Titan--I will run 91 octane once my project is complete which is suppose to give me the best boost in overall HP and Torque. Purchased that from burtmanindustries.com--on sale for $339 (no tax and only $10 to ship)

All said and done and after a ton of research and a little work, I will gain 51hp and 46lb of torque. Not bad for just over a grand! :)
The part number for 2007-2010 S&B intakes are the same. They just aren't listed correctly. But sounds like a great plan to me. Happy molding and welcome to the family

·
Registered
215 Posts

You don't seriously think you're going to gain 51hp and 46lb of torque with just a catback exhaust, Volant CAI and Bully Dog? Because if you do, you going to be very disappointed.

I hate to be a spoil sport, but the catback might give you 10-15hp at best considering you already have the improved '08+ exhaust. The older pre '07 Titans had a more restrictive Y-pipe which benefited more from a catback exhaust swap. The CAI will give you about 5-7hp and the Bully Dog about 10-20hp. The largest benefit the 'Dog will give you is lifting the factory WOT restriction and the ability to advance the timing 2* and getting rid of the factory 114mph speed limiter.

The only way you're going to gain 51hp and 46lb of torque is everything above plus LT headers, free flow mid pipes, cams and the required Uprev tune. Of course, an '07 intake swap, aftermarket fan and TB coolant bypass wouldn't hurt either.

As for the Bully Dog, the best performance times are with the "regular tune" not the premium tune. Look up the old posts if you don't believe me. :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You don't seriously think you're going to gain 51hp and 46lb of torque with just a catback exhaust, Volant CAI and Bully Dog? Because if you do, you going to be very disappointed.

I hate to be a spoil sport, but the catback might give you 10-15hp at best considering you already have the improved '08+ exhaust. The older pre '07 Titans had a more restrictive Y-pipe which benefited more from a catback exhaust swap. The CAI will give you about 5-7hp and the Bully Dog about 10-20hp. The largest benefit the 'Dog will give you is lifting the factory WOT restriction and the ability to advance the timing 2* and getting rid of the factory 114mph speed limiter.

The only way you're going to gain 51hp and 46lb of torque is everything above plus LT headers, free flow mid pipes, cams and the required Uprev tune. Of course, an '07 intake swap, aftermarket fan and TB coolant bypass wouldn't hurt either.

As for the Bully Dog, the best performance times are with the "regular tune" not the premium tune. Look up the old posts if you don't believe me. :)
Missed the expected numbers when I first commented on this post. I agree that you aren't going to see 50hp gain. Don't trust advertised hp ratings ever. You might get 30 hp at best. Alot of the hp increase the programmers claim come from losing the WOT restriction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the information. At this point I will be happy with any type of power gain. Recently, I nearly got beat by a minivan merging onto my favorite on-ramp to the freeway. When my wife looked over at me with a small grin on her face, I realized it was time to do as much upgrading as possible without breaking the bank. The last car I drove was the newly designed M3 E90 Sedan, I know the Titan will never be as fast-- but I certainly do not want to get lambasted by a stay-at-home mom with four kids in the van ;).

So with my new magna flow exhaust, the bully dog GT (the power pup is no longer made for my year of Titan), and the INJEN cold air intake (Burtman industries recommended this over the S&B and Volant due to problematic trouble codes at times with other cold air intakes) . I should be able to reach my goal of being one of the faster trucks on the road; and hopefully the next time someone in a minivan wants to take me on... I will leave them far in the dust!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts