Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys hear of that tornado device that you can put in your car and it is supposed to create a cyclone effect in which increases air in a way that increases your HP and MPG? Anyone ever use this?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Hi herc.....The tornado huh??? Well I can't say that I've actually tried one but if you're interested in the swirl effect it can be had with a Throttle Body Spacer from AirAid. So far the one I have works great with both a gas mileage increase and low end torque increase. I think they run about a $100. I started a new thread for those who have installed one so they can post their results with them too. Check'em out under the general section.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured

I kind of figured it was a rip-off but I wanted to get feedback from someone with first-hand experience with the product. I mean increase 5-10 MPG and 10 HP for 25 bucks? Sounds too good to be true....it probably is.

G

·
we don't like to put down items we have not personally tied, but I have heard nothing but it being absolute snake oil!!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: Figured

Hercules said:
I kind of figured it was a rip-off but I wanted to get feedback from someone with first-hand experience with the product. I mean increase 5-10 MPG and 10 HP for 25 bucks? Sounds too good to be true....it probably is.
Back in my days running a parts store when they first came out, I would let people walk out the door with thier money in hand before I would let them buy one. I normally didn't mind taking peoples money, but those things made me feel like a crook.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any time I talk about performance modifications my wife brings up the tornado. On our olds intrigue went from 28-30mpg highway to about 21. Took it off and the next tank was back up to 30 even with a 3000 foot climb in elevation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts