Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out witch relay operates the running light on the trailer. If anybody knows I would sure appreciate it. I'm just not sure if its tow one or tow two. I need to order one from the dealer.Thanks silver

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Tow 1 relay controlls the running lights for the trailer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went down to the dealer this morning and I dont know if they were just being lazy or just plain dumb!
I tried to order the trailer relay and they seem to not find any such relay.I was told to go out to the lot and find the relay and get the number off of it and bring it back.Hmmm sounds like they were being lazy. The parts guy there is not to bright.I told him what if I got into an accident and the relay was destroyed and I didnt have A part number how would he find it? He just scrtached his head and said I dont know.They only relay they showed for my truck was A 40 dollar relay and there was no guarantee that was the relay. If I bought it I could not return it if it wasnt the right one.
Well my money doesnt grow one trees.I dont want to spend money on A relay that isnt the right one.Does anybody know where I can find one or order one. I think I given up on this dealership and there isnt another one for 200 miles.
:(
Anyways this is how my trailer hitch turned out.I'm pretty happy but I just dont have any running lights.
Brake and turn signal only.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
You should give Jamie a call at nissanparts247.com he can probably help you better than your dealership and do it over the phone.
M4ck

·
Registered
168 Posts
That sounds right..m4ck, wing-go! Let us know how it works out, silverx...would ya' :?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Show your parts man this drawing - maybe it will help him find the relay.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the reply's. I think if I would show him that diagram it would probobly confuse him even more. I think I would have better luck finding it else were. It was obvious that this guy had no idea what he was doing and even after talking to the manager even he appeared to be lost. I found A couple of relays off the nisan web page but they state it A six pole. My tow one relay is A four prong and the tow 2 is A six prong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts