1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Why?????????

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Huh? In a word. No. All TOW MODE does is hold gears 1 thru 3 to a higher RPM. Nothing else. Why would you need the electric fan to come on? If it were needed, it would come on by itself. Save you $$$ for gas..lol.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Titan already has an electric fan.. You can see it clear as day and hear it with ease..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with extra fan hooked to tow mode button would flow more air across radiator and coolers for a cooler running engine and trans when towing trailer.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You must not know what a thermostat is..

Do as you wish. But I'll tell you right now, it's a waste of money. If you want better cooling look up coolant to water ratio. Water displaces heat best.. However coolant is for lube, and anti freeze.

If your climate allows, you running a 90/10 mixture and you'll cool better than four electric fans. Just sayin....

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Jarvis is right. If the engine thermostat is closed, all the fans in the world won't cool a thing. I tow a 8k LB travel trailer EVERYWHERE...even with the A/C on in 100* heat and trust me, this thing is designed and built to more than handle anything you can throw at any 1/2 ton truck. Spend your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Jarvis is right. If the engine thermostat is closed, all the fans in the world won't cool a thing. I tow a 8k LB travel trailer EVERYWHERE...even with the A/C on in 100* heat and trust me, this thing is designed and built to more than handle anything you can throw at any 1/2 ton truck. Spend your money elsewhere.
X2!

-Lab

1 - 8 of 8 Posts