Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty sure that the XE model does not have tire pressure monitioring. Well my left front tire has a slow leak, when it goes down 5 psi my light comes on (_!_) (that don't look right) but anyways I do have some type of monitoring. When I rotated my tires myself I never noticed any sensors on the tires. Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
pogi69x said:
I was pretty sure that the XE model does not have tire pressure monitioring. Well my left front tire has a slow leak, when it goes down 5 psi my light comes on (_!_) (that don't look right) but anyways I do have some type of monitoring. When I rotated my tires myself I never noticed any sensors on the tires. Can anyone shed some light on this?
As far as I know all models have come equipped with these. They are located inside the tire and wheel. Attached to the valve stem assembly.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see anything attached to the valvle stem, could it be just the ECU senseing one tire spinning more or less then the other side?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The sensors are inside the tire and wheel. You will not see them unless you remove the tire from the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok got it, I do have TPMS cause my valve stems are stainless steel. That's good to know, thanks guys!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think it is now a law that all new vehicles come equipped with tpms. I have a xe without any popular package and have them.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
TPMS is now being required by Federal law. About 2005 or 06.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts