Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the part numbers for the 04-05's are different than the 06-08.5's. Will a set of 07 TPM Sensors work on a 04? Will the 04 ECU take the program for the 07 TPMS?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Tpms

04titanss said:
I know the part numbers for the 04-05's are different than the 06-08.5's. Will a set of 07 TPM Sensors work on a 04? Will the 04 ECU take the program for the 07 TPMS?
I don't know for sure but I know there are at least a couple of different part numbers, I assume that they have to have the proper p/n for proper year, my 06 has 40700 CK001 listed on it. I think it has something to do with the FCC ID on it since it is a transmitter. I bet if it has a different p/n then it will have a diff FCC ID as well. Might be diff frequency.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have always been under the impression that it doesn't matter what year they are from. You are going to have to have a dealer flash them for you anyway so in the end, it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dubie2003 said:
I have always been under the impression that it doesn't matter what year they are from. You are going to have to have a dealer flash them for you anyway so in the end, it shouldn't matter.
I believe that have independent frequencies for each of them or they would not require a FCC ID. Every transmitter that emits a frequency has to have that. They don't program it to do it, they just read the frequency that each has.

Correction, I believe the frequency is the same, it is the unique code transmitted on that frequency that is the uniqueness that has to be programmed into the Titan.

I thought that since the FOB's had a change in freq due to diff FCC ID's then possibly the TPMS did too. I know the FOB FCC ID changed around 05 or so and I had to find one with the correct FCC ID for it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
So, in essence each transmitter has its on frequency. The dealer just has to program the reader in the truck to sense that frequency and you are good to go.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I'm pretty certain I have a mixed system, and all works fine. I have bought TPMS with different P/N.

·
Registered
824 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I'm pretty certain I have a mixed system, and all works fine. I have bought TPMS with different P/N.
Then again, did you buy them from Nissan, or aftermarket, there may be an aftermarket p/n that is different, but I bet it would cross to a Nissan p/n. It is just like the key fobs. they have different FCC ID's for them also. I would ensure I got one that was the same Fcc ID at minimum, and if that p/n is different then I would be happy that they would work. That FCC ID identifies that part in that frequency spectrum. I think they emit in a certain frequency range, but I bet they emit a code in that RF that the reciever sees, and when they tie it to that code for each wheel that is what the truck sees. However that reciever is only tuned to see a certain frequency range, so it is concieveable that the part has to emit that frequency, that is where the FCC ID comes in, that code is registered to be able to use that frequency, so diff FCC ID, I would assume diff frequency.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
When I almost bought a set of 2007 QX56 wheels, with sensors mounted in them from a new 07 for my 05 Titan, the Infiniti dealer did the research for me and said they will work fine with an 05 Titan without reprogramming.

·
Registered
824 Posts
suddenurge said:
When I almost bought a set of 2007 QX56 wheels, with sensors mounted in them from a new 07 for my 05 Titan, the Infiniti dealer did the research for me and said they will work fine with an 05 Titan without reprogramming.
None of them will work without reprogramming, they each have a unique code that the reciever must be programmed with, that guy fed you full of some stuff. I will almost bet that 04-05 will work with each other, and I think maybe then 06-08 or so will be the same p/n. Look on the internet, there are two different ones, a reddish one and green one, they are diff part numbers.

Okay did a little site searching and found this place, it appears that the p/n are the same for a 2005 and 2007, in fact I didn't find anywhere that the p/n changed from 04-07, they have an application guide at this site. It does reaffirm the claim I said that aftermarket had a different p/n however than the OEM did even though they were the same, and that also changes the color from OEM to aftermarket. Here is the link. and another that explains how they work a bit from the people of course that make the tool to find the code.
http://www.tpmssource.com/catalog/tpms/
http://www.nissantpms.com/?gclid=CNOQw7vLkJYCFSASQQoduWz7FQ

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
All mine are OEM Nissan parts. 2 different P/N purchased.

·
Registered
824 Posts
TitanBlue said:
All mine are OEM Nissan parts. 2 different P/N purchased.

No idea then, was going with the info I can read on sites, I know there is a different deal with steel wheels vs aluminum wheels. Thats all the info I can find, I do know that Shrader is the company that makes these things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts