Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having problems with my TPMS light coming on after new tires mounted. I just learned that the tire pressure can be too high and that will cause the dash light to come on. It seems my Nitto Trails had over 44 lbs in them which alerted the TPMS system to alert me. I learned today from the dealership that the monitor not only reads low pressure but high pressure as well. Any thing over 44 lbs will set the TPMS sensor off and turn on the warning light. Reducing my pressure to 42lbs did the trick and the light is now off. I did not see this in any other posts so hope this will help with anyone else having problems with larger tires or mud tires.

· Registered
5,342 Posts
That's odd. I've had my OEM Rugged Trails up to 50 PSI without any error. I'm going to have to go back and redo my experiment and see what happens. Like I said in another thread I would not expect the sensor to complain if the PSI is high since LT tires require a higher pressure when you are loaded down.

· Registered
858 Posts
I'm with HRTKD on this one. The LT Goodyear Silent Armors on my '04 required a high psi. Never heard a thing from my TPMS.

-Lab

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have email nissan for clarification but no word as of yet
I'm only going by what the Service Tech told me an after reducing my pressure to 42 psi the light went off and has stayed off. I suppose there is a high range like a low range and dont know if 44 psi is the high point but I suspect there is soe point that over inflation depending on the tire size can cause the system to register the tpms light to on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.