Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have A question about the trailer hitch and wireing loom.When I bought the truck it did not come with A trailer hitch but I figured I could purchase one for A lot less money than Nissan was. I fould the trialer hitch but so far I havent found A wire harness for it. I was at the dealership this morning and since I was there I went to the service department to see if I could find the harness.They looked it up and said since my truck did not come with the tow package that I would have to hardwire the lights for the trailer. Last time I was underneath the truck I found A plug so I just figured I could buy the adapter and plug it right in and run it out to the trialer. I dont want to cut into the main harness. Service department said they dont offer an adapter for that model.
If anybody has any info on this or has put A trailer hith on there truck I would really appreciate it :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the harness at Pep Boys for 30 bucks. It plugs into the Titan plug and the other end is variable. I chose a combo plug; 7 pin round and 4 pin flat. The kit includes the mounting bracket for the bumper. The manufacturer is Hoppy and the part number is 40955

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me if you had to buy the relays too or did it work just like that. When I tested the plug I only had the turn signals and running lights but no brake lights.I was told you needed A relay for that but they could be wrong...Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, I can't tell you because I haven't installed it yet. I'm guessing that I will have to buy the two relays, but I just haven't had the time to do the install yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Silverx - I was in the same place as you. I purchased a new Curt CL III hitch at a local truck accessories shop for $105, a Hoppy Part # 41155 Wiring Harness for $16, and bought both relays from the dealer for $35 (they wanted $70, but my salesman bought them at his discount and I bought them from him). The relays are for runnig lights, brake lights, and electric brake controller (I haven't gotten one, but the relay is there is I ever do). Total install time for all componets, less than 1 hour. The hitch is installed using 6 bolts that come with the hitch (you can't make a mistake), the relays just pop in (they only fit one way), and the wiring harness just clicks in. The only reason it took an hour was I had to figure out how to lower the spare tire (plus I got thirsty). I saved more doing it myself, than getting it from the factory.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply rcflier97.When I bought the truck I wanted A trailer hitch but they wanted another 700 bills for it so I figured I could do it for half the price.Got to get those relays though.
Wow 70 bucks!!! Oh well gotta get em!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can give you the name of the place that I got my hitch from if you want it. Or just do a search for Titan trailer hitch on the net. There are many places that will sell at a great price with free shipping I think the best I saw was $130 w/free shipping. (That was before I went local). The Curt hitch is tubular steel. U-Haul also sells them, but they wanted too much after I did some shopping around. You might be able to find the relays somewhere else (I've even seen these on TitanTalk or this forum) for a better price (Ebay or local parts stores). Or try to sweet talk a salesman in getting them at his discount price and then pay him/her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts