Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the fuse is for the trailer driving lights?
my turn signals and brake lights work but I'm not getting any power from the driving light connection. I thought it was my trailer at first, i checked the coupler from my towing package connection......no power??

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The fuse for the trailer tail lights is #36, a 10 amp fuse located in the IPDM/ER.
That is the plastic box back of the battery.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fuses #36 & #37

Thats what Im looking for, I need to find #36 & #37 which are the two fuses that control running lights and Im also looking for the Tail Lamp Relay - which is the relay associated with these two fuses.

I know where the fuse box is but what I don't know is which one of those fuses is #36 & 37.

Can someone please advise exactly which fuses are those mentioned above?

Also on the fuse block are a total of nine relay's - does anyone know which relay is the Tail Lamp Relay?

Thanks all,

Steve

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
scsTiTan said:
Thats what Im looking for, I need to find #36 & #37 which are the two fuses that control running lights and Im also looking for the Tail Lamp Relay - which is the relay associated with these two fuses.

I know where the fuse box is but what I don't know is which one of those fuses is #36 & 37.

Also on the fuse block are a total of nine relay's - does anyone know which relay is the Tail Lamp Relay?

Thanks all,

Steve
Look at diagram

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you have the park light mod? I remember AGTitan posting something about that where all of his trailer lights worked except park lights...it ended up being because of the park light jumper mod.....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
sledgie said:
my turn signals and brake lights work but I'm not getting any power from the driving light connection. I thought it was my trailer at first, i checked the coupler from my towing package connection......no power??
Hooked up to a friends boat yesterday and had the same problem.No running lights.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
scsTiTan said:

Thanks all,

Steve
Answered in your other thread about this.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Why would I have all lights except the trailer interior light? When a Chevy is hooked up to the trailer they work, but not with my Titan.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
baseballfanz said:
Look at diagram
the diagram picture is upside down from the way you look at it from the front of the truck. the fuse that was blow that caused my running lights not to work was #32.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
LDOTITAN said:
Why would I have all lights except the trailer interior light? When a Chevy is hooked up to the trailer they work, but not with my Titan.
Either the 30 amp fusible link (i) is blown or the trailer tow relay 2 is bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
scr38 - Thanks again for the answer to my question on the other thread, and providing the diagrams - Im looking a schematic of the Titan wiring and it appears to me that power for the running lights, tag lamps, and interior lighting runs into the Tail Lamp Relay this seems to be where it all begins - Any idea where this relay is?

baseballfanz said:
Look at diagram
Baseballfanz - Thanks for the diagram, that helps alot!

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
scsTiTan said:
scr38 - Thanks again for the answer to my question on the other thread, and providing the diagrams - Im looking a schematic of the Titan wiring and it appears to me that power for the running lights, tag lamps, and interior lighting runs into the Tail Lamp Relay this seems to be where it all begins - Any idea where this relay is?
The power for the interior lights in the trailer is probably from the 12 volt aux power supplied in the trailer plug. This is a 30 amp circuit, which is supplied through the 30 amp fusible link and relay that I mentioned in my post above. Trailer tow relay 2 supplies this power, and is active only when the key is on in the truck.
The trailer running lights power, including the tag light, is supplied through trailer tow relay 1. That circuit is protected with a 10 amp fuse located in the IPDM/ER.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The problem continues...

scr38 - This is the schematic (sp) that Im looking at - If you start at the top, fourth wire from the left (Hot at all times) the first thing it goes into is the "Tail Lamp Relay" and then from there into fuse 37 & 36. This is the relay that Im looking for.

I really appreciate your help - Thanks again

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
That relay is located in the IPDM/ER. It is not a serviceable relay; it is part of the assembly.

The trailer electrical system is separate from the truck system.

I am attaching a drawing of the circuit in question; it may be easier to read.
If the tail lights on your truck are working OK than the Tail Light Relay that you are looking for is good. That relay also provides power for the trailer tail light relay, through fuse 36. The trailer tail light relay provides the power to the trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
sledgie said:

I think it blew as a result of inactivity on the forums!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Almost giving up...

scr38 - My truck running lights are not working, thats the problem.
I have checked fuse 36 & 37 even replaced them just to be sure, I checked the fuses under the dash, and next to the glove box all are good.

I checked the voltage at the fuse block and with the running lights turned on I get .10 volts, 0 when the switch is off so ?
Did the same for the trailer relay - one pin slot had 12 volt constant (which looking at the wiring comes from fuse 32), with running lights on, another pin slot had .10 volts. Im at a loss - any thoughts?

Thanks again, I know you have better things to do with your time than help out dumb Titan owners, but I for one really appreciate it.

BTW - is there a reset procedure for the BCM that I can do?

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
No reset for the BCM. I'm afraid that your IPDM/ER is bad. It could be the relay, or in the microprocessor that is in the IPDM. Unfortunately, you can't replace parts in the IPDM, you have to replace the entire unit. Of course, you are out of warranty, so it's going to be expensive.
If you are skilled at working on electronic devices you may be able to find the problem within the IPDM and repair it.

You may want to try this test, even though you know the tail lights don't work - Look at attachments.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well that certainly isn't good news, but it is what it is.
So - what will that test tell me?
And do you have instructions for removing the IPDM?

I guess before I tear into her, I will take it in and see what they tell me :-(

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
54warrior said:
I think it blew as a result of inactivity on the forums!!
that hurt.

I took a promotion a couple months ago. I.ve been extreemly busy. I havn't wash my truck since August!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts